A Mild Relaxer

MonaRae

Do you know of one I can use? I have fine 4B hair and my current relaxer "Mizani" is just too strong.

I'm even willing to use one of those kiddie relaxers if it will help! At my last hair appointment it was suggest that I use Fabulaxer. I'm not too sure about that one and need suggestions!

Thanks in Advance!
MonaRae

I use Affirm Fiberguard mild. This one doesn't straighten my hair completely though, just loosens the curl up. It doesn't burn at all.

I use Vitale Ideal. It's the mild version of the Life & Body line. The jar is a light brown khaki color with green writing.

Well a lot of us on here in terms of mildness, we promote the infamous Phytorelaxer. If you are not satisfied with that or don't want to pay that price there are a lot of ladies that say a good comparison relaxer to Phytorelaxer is Elucence.

I use a gentle treatment, mild, no lye relaxer by Johnson & Company. I dont know if its just a salon relaxer, or if it can be store bought. But they have it at the Dominican salon i go to.

MissVee said:
Affirm mild, not the fiberguard...

I've used it for at least 3 years now, no problems.

I may either switch to regular Mild version or the Fiberguard regular for slightly more processed texlaxed look (the jury's still out on that one).

Adrian said:
Well a lot of us on here in terms of mildness, we promote the infamous Phytorelaxer. If you are not satisfied with that or don't want to pay that price there are a lot of ladies that say a good comparison relaxer to Phytorelaxer is Elucence.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will go with Phytorelaxer.

Question: Is Index I strong enough to do the job? Is Index II too strong?
I remember reading that Index I was not strong enough.

Any Fine 4B's with experience with Phytorelaxer I and II?

Blessings!
MonaRae

Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp is what I used when I got my last relaxer. It didn't get my newgrowth straight at all. It just loosen up the curl pattern.

I've used the Fabulaxer in the past and loved it. The Mizani made my hair too straight. Affirm Fiberguard made it straight as well. I don't think my hair likes being Bone Straight and I haven't been able to find a stylist that doesn't do Bone Straight. At this time I'm on the Profectiv kick. It seems to working out good for me. As you can see I've tried a few. No Lye seems to work best and I'm trying to improve on my techniques as far as hair care and relaxing. I choosen to texlax for thickness since my hair is very fine.

Well I'm a 4b with fine hair (I think) and I use Mizani as my texlax. But I just leave it on for 5 minutes with no smoothing. It really does the trick, it doesn't get my hair tooo straight at all. I have enough curl to have a braid out look without the braids first (laugh).

Have you considered sticking with Mizani but not allowing it to process for the entire time. That way you won't get that thin haired drowned mouse look that I used to get after relaxing.

Lana

Silk Elements Mild is a nice one. I heard elucence is super mild. I want to try that one soon. I also heard that essations makes nice products too.

How long can you store a relaxer?

If I use half the relaxer Is it okay to put the rest in the frig until the next touch up

I have a friend who puts the left over relaxer in the freezer and then thaws it out when she needs it again. Now I'm not sayig that's a good idea, but she has a head full of hair. LOL

Back