A Lurker's Note of Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kandi1280

I just wanted to say thank you so much to the ladies of this forum. Two years ago my hair suffered due to my lack of real knowledge about caring for my hair. In July 2004, I did the big Chop.

After 9 months I decided to return to relaxing, but with a better understanding of what I was to do to keep it maintained. I tried the natural thing, but It just wasn't for me. I'm a dunce when it comes to styling.

Well to make a long story short, I just wanted to thank all the ladies that post on this board. You've helped me more than you really know. I finally made a small Fotki Album to show my latest results with my Sedu Flat Iron and wanted to share what little info I have, in case I can help even one more person out there.

My hair type is an 4a/B.
My hair dries very easily and needs to moisturized DAILY.

Currently my staples are:
1.) Jojoba Oil
2.) Jason Organics Beauty Oil
3.) Giovanni Direct
4.)Olive Oil - I don't like EVOO because of the smell, light olive oil works just as well for me.
5.) Neutrogena Triple Moisture
6. Miss Keys 10en 1 dominican conditioner (thanks Allandra!)

I usually mix one drop of each oil to a Quater size amount of the Giovanni or Neutrogena each night to moisturize my hair. I then rap it up or pull it into a pony tail and bun the ends.

I relax every 10-12 weeks. I've gone longer but didn't like the shedding. I shampoo every 5 days or once a week depending on my mood and laziness. I alternated between, Mizani, Keracare, and Nexxus every month so that my hair doesn't get used to just one shampoo and quit working (its done that before).

I do daily spritzes of water, glycerin and oil just to mist my hair a little. But I learned to put only one or two drops of glycerin to avoid that "chalky" feeling to it.

My hair loved:
1. Cream of Nature Shampoo
2. Natural Oils
3.) Elasta QP mango Butter - not so much for moisture, but great for the ends and slicking down hair instead of gel.
4.)Mizani product line
5.) LOVES Keracare
6.)Does okie dokie with Nexxus, but I think I will stop using Nexxus once I run out of everything.

It hated:
1. Aussie Slip Conditioner washes
2.Suave humectant conditioner washes
3. Queen Helen Cholesterol Pre Poos - It hates that conditoner period.
4.) The entire Doo Gro product line - dried my hair out like no one's business.

there is more but those were my top three.

Well anyway, here is my Fotki link to any that can use it. The PW is justlovingit

http://members.fotki.com/kandi1280/

Again, Thank you Ladies!

Good luck with everything. Your hair is very thick and pretty. Ur Fotki wont allow comments...

Your hair looks very pretty and healthy. Your sedu results were lovely. Keep up the great work because it is definitely paying off. Hope to see you around the boards.

Back