A little discouraged...

beans4reezy

I've only been on this journey since October...though I am still trying to pin down a solid reggie, I still thought I was doing all the right things: I've stretched for going on 7 mos now, DC, Moisturizing, MT/OCT'ing...

So I go see a stylist for a consulation (I'd like to switch to a tezturizer) and here we go :nono:

She advised me to wait until June b/c my hair wasn't ready yet:wallbash:
She advised me the braids I was wearing was the worse thing I can do for my hair (even w/me telling her I've been mosit. and DC'ing my hair in the braids):ohwell:
My hair has no elasticity:ohwell:

Its like she had NOTHING good to say...this is just a little discouraging b/c for once in my life, I thought I was doing all the right things for my hair...

So anyways, making an appointment with her for a Nioxin treatment to cleanse my scalp on the road to repairing my hair for a texturizer in June

Just feeling a lil blue ladies so I thought I should vent

I've only been on this journey since October...though I am still trying to pin down a solid reggie, I still thought I was doing all the right things: I've stretched for going on 7 mos now, DC, Moisturizing, MT/OCT'ing...

So I go see a stylist for a consulation (I'd like to switch to a tezturizer) and here we go :nono:

She advised me the braids I was wearing was the worse thing I can do for my hair (even w/me telling her I've been mosit. and DC'ing my hair in the braids):ohwell:

Its like she had NOTHING good to say...this is just a little discouraging b/c for once in my life, I thought I was doing all the right things for my hair...

So anyways, making an appointment with her for a Nioxin treatment to cleanse my scalp on the road to repairing my hair for a texturizer in June

Dont get down you will get the hang of it...IMO you should get a simple regi that includes protein and moisture and go from there....The braids might cause breakage but i dont know i never had braids

Yes..I agree with MAE...these stylists dont know it all....Can you try to do your own hair ? I think you are the only person that will treat you hair the way its supposed to be treated..why dont you just try a simple reggy..DC and Low manip...thats 90% right there...

i agree if you have the time and patience you should just do it yourself. But if you must go to a stylist I would get a consultation from a second one because just like with doctors you can't trust just one.

What is the condition of your hair? I'm thinking you should get a second, maybe even a third opinion by getting a free consultation from another stylist. Believe it or not, she may not even feel comfortable doing texturizers. As for the braids, there are a lot of women that have successfully grown their hair with them. I think it's all about how you maintain your hair while in braids.

:bighug:

has your hair been retaining growth? what exactly is your regimen? a lot of hairdressers will say your hair is damaged when it isn't.

I would ignore this women--hairdressers tend to say that. Prior to my hair journey, I rocked braids and my hair grew to APL with bad practices not washing my hair for 4 weeks at a time. If you have this additional knowledge and rocking braids--I guarantee that your hair is stronger and longer and healthier. Also, prior to going to her take out your braids and do a protein treatment and let the hair rest. I remember in my ignorance I would wash, apply as a DC Hair Mayonaisse, my hair was strong and the hairdresser was amazed that I had little to none breakage. So.. don't listen to her.....:grin:

You have to find someone you 'click' with. Next thing you know she'll be telling you you have to "trim" off 3 inches.

I'd go in with a plan if I were you. TELL her what to do. You want it texturized and you are not going to have a trim under any circumstances. Bring your own combs. Go along with any DC or reconstructor though...can't hurt.

Good luck

Back