A hair maintenance system that works for me!

KM24

When I first tried Cathy's products, I wasn't happy with them because I assumed that using the conditioner and the dew would be sufficient for my hair type. Now I have a system that seems to be working well for me. I shampoo my hair every three days with K-Pak (by Joico) Reconstruct for damaged hair (I use a dime-sized amount, add a little water to my hands, get a lather going and apply to hair). After rinsing, I use Cathy's conditioner (I apply a liberal amount of it into my hair, cover w/ a plastic cap and sit under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes). After rinsing, I use a palm-sized amount of Design Essentials (designessentials.com) Super Moisturizing Conditioner, cover w/ a plastic cap and finish my shower. After rinsing, I apply Pro-line comb-thru lite creme moisturizer and lotta body setting lotion. I sit under the dryer for 30 minutes so my hair is 90% dry. I then spray Cathy's dew, and I put a nickel-sized amount of Design essentials botanical oils into my hair. Then I allow my hair to air dry the rest of the way and I style it. I'm so happy that I finally figured out how to take care of my hair. My goal is to have my hair down to my mid-back in 2-3 years. Currently my hair is very short (After wearing weaves for 4 years, my hair was so damaged that I had to cut it all off--never again! It's so funny because whenever I look at old pictures of me before I started wearing weaves, my hair was long enough--what was I thinking? LOL) Now thanks to this website and Cathy's book, I will have long, beautiful hair that is ALL MINE!

It's always great to find a system that works for you.
up.gif

Thanks for sharing... I love hearing others tips..

I'm going to use the tip about putting the moiturizer on w/ plastic cap and finishing your shower... helps seal the moisture in!

Back