A Good Stylist in the Cincinnati area... Where dey at??

jazzyto

Ladies if you know of any good stylists in the Cincinnati area, please let me know. Good meaning, they arent scissor happy, they have knowledge of hair health, and they arent using the same old products I can get out of Sally's (some of Sally's products are good though)
The only thing I like about my current stylist is that she is not scissor happy but when I took my daughter there she detangled her hair after the wash with a rattail comb and then eased over to the trash can to throw the hair away.:ohwell: My daughter hardly has shedding or breakage when I wash her hair and detangle with a wide tooth comb. She had been doing my relaxers up until July when I asked her what kind of relaxer she uses and she said Paul Mitchell. hmmm I dont think Paul Mitchell has a relaxer but I could be wrong. :lachen: Most of her products are Qp elasta and she keep the bottles turned backwards so you cant see what she is using.

I used to go to a stylist in the Clifton area named Jay. he tall and skinny. The salon was 'Polished to a T" and the phone number is 513-961-0737.

He was going through a lot of personal things, so I don't know if he is still there. It has been 2 years so I saw him. When you call, ask if Jay still works there.

He is very good at what he does and uses great product!

I'm also looking for a good hairstylist with all of the qualifications that diva613 mentioned (also, a hairstylist who does not make fun of you or other customers, and is gentle with your hair- that tells you my experiences so far! :nono:)

I called 'Polished to A T' today, and they said that Jay does not work there anymore (He left about 2 years ago). If anyone knows of such a hairstylist who's still working in cincinnati, please let us know!

BTW, I want to thank all of you who offer advice on this website! You're an inspiration to a lot of us! :artist2:

I went to a guy his name is Steven and I just found him again. His salon is called Ruckus Salon@ Salon Concepts in West Chester. I think the website is www.salon-concepts.com and look for the west chester location. He was wonderful with my relaxed hair and it was so healthy under his care. I now here that he specializes in healthy hair and he has high end prices. I am so interested in healthy hair relaxed and natural that I am starting Paul Mitchell School this monday! He was the only stylist that cared for the integrity of hair that I ever had.

I used to live in Cincinnati and went to a salon called Stylistics. It is located at 1160 Kemper Meadow Dr and the number is 513-825-5553. My stylist's name was Alecia and she's great, very knowledgeable, doesnt mind you brining in your own products and is NOT scissor happy.

I hear there's a Dominican barbershop/salon out in Fairfield/Hamilton. Anyone else heard of it? I can't recall the name.

Back