A few questions about rollersetting

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I know you guys are probably tired of my questions, but I'm completely new and clueless to this whole 'taking care of my hair' thing. Do you rollerset on wet hair? Do you put anything on your hair before you put the rollers on? What type of rollers can I sleep on? And what size should I use? My front and sides are a little past jaw length, and the back is shoulder length. I tried doing a search, but nothing useful came up. TIA!

Last edited:
I rollerset on wet hair. After i wash, i spray my homemade mixture (surge, coconut oil,amla oil and almond oil) all over my hair. And then set my hair. I either airdry or sit under the dryer for 1.5 hrs.
I am not sure what size you should use. I'm sure someone else will help you with that.

(macherieamour has a roller setting tutorial at www.healthytextures.com) Just in case you need it.

Last edited:
Nessa06 said:
I rollerset on wet hair. After i wash, i spray my homemade mixture (surge, coconut oil,amla oil and almond oil) all over my hair. And then set my hair. I either airdry or sit under the dryer for 1.5 hrs.
I am not sure what size you should use. I'm sure someone else will help you with that.

(macherieamour has a roller setting tutorial at www.healthytextures.com) Just in case you need it.
Hey Tiffers!:) The blog that Nessa recommended is excellent. Also, for my rollersets, I use leave-in and spray water on my hair and this is how I get my bounciest, softest curls. I think thats the secret--less product. Hope that helps!;)

Thanks for the tips, ladies! That website is excellent! The way she explains it is so simple and easy to understand. What type of rollers do you ladies recommend? And what size should I use? TIA!

I am just stopping in to say welcome. We have some rollersetting queens here so I know you will get the answers you need.

*I am bugging shunta about roller colors right now! lol*

Letitia said:
I am just stopping in to say welcome. We have some rollersetting queens here so I know you will get the answers you need.

*I am bugging shunta about roller colors right now! lol*
Sent you a pm, Tee:)

tiffers said:
I know you guys are probably tired of my questions, but I'm completely new and clueless to this whole 'taking care of my hair' thing. Do you rollerset on wet hair? Do you put anything on your hair before you put the rollers on? What type of rollers can I sleep on? And what size should I use? My front and sides are a little past jaw length, and the back is shoulder length. I tried doing a search, but nothing useful came up. TIA!

I rollerset on fresh shampood hair (I wash twice a week).
When I rollerset I spray my hair with a water bottle to keep it saturated while rolling. I also spray a tangle defense leave in conditioner(Optimum).. then I precede with the rollers. I get under the dome dryer to dry(medium heat) and then I sleep in my rollers under a satin bonnet or scarf. The next morning I moisturize my hair and seal with EVOO or sweet almond oil. I am also shoulder length and the size of my rollers are the green and pink ones. They are medium sized. Sometimes I will do a few jumbos (red) at the crown for added volume. hth:) and welcome the forum!

Back