A dominican lady told my friend ors conditioiner is no good??????

krissynick

yea so she went to a dominican salon and i told her to use it cause i find it works well on my hair and she told me when she gave it to the lady she was like no good mami.. and im like everyone on here loves and i dont see where its bad.. u think she just said that cause she wanted her to use their expensive conditioners?

I am not trying to knock dominican conditoiners but :look: I understand that not everything works for everyone but if she was just judging by ingredients then I don't see how she came to that conclusion. It just might have been the fact that she wanted to use her stuff but IDK.

I am not trying to knock dominican conditoiners but :look: I understand that not everything works for everyone but if she was just judging by ingredients then I don't see how she came to that conclusion. It just might have been the fact that she wanted to use her stuff but IDK.

yea i like dominican conditioners tooo but geeze their conditioners are not the only ones that work... and i was upset cause i recommended too i was oh no she didnt i know thats a good conditioner..

yea so she went to a dominican salon and i told her to use it cause i find it works well on my hair and she told me when she gave it to the lady she was like no good mami.. and im like everyone on here loves and i dont see where its bad.. u think she just said that cause she wanted her to use their expensive conditioners?

I don't love the ors pak. It does absolutely nothing for my natural hair :nono: She might have wanted your friend to go withan expensive conditioner or she may in her experience find that the ors just isn't a great conditioner. Hard to say.

I don't love the ors pak. It does absolutely nothing for my natural hair :nono: She might have wanted your friend to go withan expensive conditioner or she may in her experience find that the ors just isn't a great conditioner. Hard to say.

i guess thats possible but i was jus twondering cause i hardly hear anyone said anything bad about it... hardly ever.. but u may be right

maybe she had had a bad experience using it on a previous client or even on herself... i can say that the ORS pack caused nothing but tangles for me so i'm not one to immediately think that she wanted to push a more expensive product on her...

maybe she had had a bad experience using it on a previous client or even on herself... i can say that the ORS pack caused nothing but tangles for me so i'm not one to immediately think that she wanted to push a more expensive product on her...

ok let me rephrase wat i said. maybe not everyone likes it but most ive seen sorry.... but u right maybe she just had a bad experience

I was thinking the same thing. And some stylists will only use their salon products and want you to do the same.

I started using ORS in warmer weather & as soon as it got cold me & ORS fell out. Someone else posted that it did nothing for their hair in the winter as well. I may revisit again when it gets warmer to see if it was actually the weather. :ohwell:

My hair didn't like the ORS Pak (tangly hair), but it lkes ORS Hair Mayo.

Perhaps like some of the other posters said, it was a matter of a previous bad experience using the product...

and agreeing with Gym, Dominican products are nice, but they are not the end all, be all of products..I grew up in the Dominican community ..and looking back on it now, I've wondered if years of using those products hindered my progress - they do work wonderfully for many and garned fabulous results, but not for all...

Question:

What makes her the authority on conditioners?

If you are well informed and it works for you, I'd say screw her.

I have a similar exprience at a domenican salon. In my case I took a bottle of my aveda conditioner ( don't recall which one) and the girl that was washing my hair told me that it is not all that effective for my hair and she was correct since her conditioner did a better job on my hair than aveda.
Mabye in her exprience ORS did not work as well as other conditioners on her clients.

I have a similar exprience at a domenican salon. In my case I took a bottle of my aveda conditioner ( don't recall which one) and the girl that was washing my hair told me that it is not all that effective for my hair and she was correct since her conditioner did a better job on my hair than aveda.
Mabye in her exprience ORS did not work as well as other conditioners on her clients.

i guess you right but all ig otta say is that hopefully it didnt work on a bunch of ppls heads before she classify it as no good. if it didint work good on one persons head then hmm that makes me wonder about their skills.

I adore the ORS paks. They work wonders on my natural 4a/b hair. I just think some hairstylists don't want to use what you bring in and assume they have the best products no matter what you bring in.

I was thinking the same thing. And some stylists will only use their salon products and want you to do the same.

right... before this board, i NEVER heard of people taking their own products to a salon unless it was some kind of medicine... shoot, i'd think that if you're going to a salon at all, you'd welcome using their salon quality products (unless you know for a fact that what they use is garbage)...

right... before this board, i NEVER heard of people taking their own products to a salon unless it was some kind of medicine... shoot, i'd think that if you're going to a salon at all, you'd welcome using their salon quality products (unless you know for a fact that what they use is garbage)...

sorry i disagree if i know what works well on my hair imma use it and if they dont have it imma carry it and trust me if they made a rule about not bringing ur own products they wouldnt have any business.

I adore the ORS paks. They work wonders on my natural 4a/b hair. I just think some hairstylists don't want to use what you bring in and assume they have the best products no matter what you bring in.

exactly but what i find funny is for the most part they use the same conditioner and shampoo on everyone .. i never see a few shampoos here or a few conditioners there .. i doubt theres one shampoo and conditioner that works on everyones hair... thats why i bring my own.. and then they dont even want to tell you sometimes what they using.. dont get me wrong i love them i go there but its my hair and you know i feel i should know wats going on

oh yea also.. the main reason i dont use their conditioners is that they charget too much . they charge 5 dollars each time when i can go get the same conditioner they use for like 7 dollars in a big bottle and it will last me a couple of months...

im not saying their conditoners are bad.. i actually buy them too but its not the best out there like all the others are like no good.

sorry i disagree if i know what works well on my hair imma use it and if they dont have it imma carry it

in the op, had your friend already started using ors and having a good (ie beneficial) experience from using it?... if that was the case and the beautician refused to use it and said it was "no good" then i can see the argument.... if that is not the case, then we don't quite know whether or not that particular product will work for her, no?

trust me if they made a rule about not bringing ur own products they wouldnt have any business.

maybe that's the case for that particular salon, but it's most definitely not a fact for all salons.... many people are quite content with the products that the salons that they choose to go to use...

She's right, in my experience. It tangles and breaks my hair. Too much protein. It's a great product to co-wash with because it detangles so well, but I wouldn't use it as a deep conditioner.

exactly but what i find funny is for the most part they use the same conditioner and shampoo on everyone .. i never see a few shampoos here or a few conditioners there .. i doubt theres one shampoo and conditioner that works on everyones hair... thats why i bring my own.. and then they dont even want to tell you sometimes what they using.. dont get me wrong i love them i go there but its my hair and you know i feel i should know wats going on

You should know what's going on, I completely agree with you. I believe there are some wonderful stylists out there who you wouldn't even think about bringing your own products because they always pull together just the right concoction. But most hairstylists are one size fits all and are just okay and quite a few are just down right awful. But I think some of them just think you are coming to me, I'm the expert, let me do my thing. I think that many of us would be more trusting if there weren't so many awful stylists out there using mediocre products. Anyway, in the end, who cares what the dominican lady said? I know I don't lol.

in the op, had your friend already started using ors and having a good (ie beneficial) experience from using it?... if that was the case and the beautician refused to use it and said it was "no good" then i can see the argument.... if that is not the case, then we don't quite know whether or not that particular product will work for her, no?

maybe that's the case for that particular salon, but it's most definitely not a fact for all salons.... many people are quite content with the products that the salons that they choose to go to use...

yeah she used it before and she said she liked it.. and she actually used it a the dominican salon and the other person didnt say anything.. it was the same salon too..

oh about using their conditioners... im nto saying there not good. im pretty sure they are its just that me personally i bring my own cause im cheap so lol... and also since being on this forum i found so many other good products i want to use so i bring them with me sometimes.. i dunno eeryone has their own thang i guess

Back