90+ degrees weather and relaxer don't mix

NYDee

I just tried to relax my hair and it immediately started stinging my scalp. While my hair is resistant, my scalp overall hardly burn even without basing. My head was on fire that I barely completed the application. I wanted to relax yesterday but my scalp felt damp from sweat so I waited until this afternoon when I felt my scalp was dry. I sweat easily so while I was getting the tools ready, the moving around must have made me sweat.

My hair under processed now, especially the edges. Can I relax again in two weeks? Depending on how bad it is, I might wait for 8 weeks.

@NYDee i would wait 8-10 weeks then do a corrective, do textured styles like rod sets, braidouts and, flat twists. stay on top of your moisture and protein balance as well.

The very same thing has happened to me in the past. The temp wasn't as high as it is reaching now, but it was warm enough in my apartment that all the prep work made me sweat a bit that my scalp tingled much sooner then it should and left me underprocessed. I was thinking about relaxing this Sunday, but I think I'm going to hold off now because I don't this happening to me again.

I would say wait 8 weeks just to be on the safe side...

Thanks ladies. I think I will wait at least 8 weeks too.

againstallodds, you should definitely wait. I had to do it today because my hair has been shedding and matting a lot. I wish I had waited but it could be worse.:)

Ladies if ever you sweat on your scalp more then average don't get a relaxer that day. It opens up the pours on the scalp and yikes. I make sure to make early appoint. 9am

Some of the things (Taboo but my Manager would have us do it) Put the person under the dryer under cool for 15 minutes to 30 minutes then base well.

Last edited:
Back