8 inches of growth so far this year!

D.Lisha, Call back and ask for the pharmacy. They'll order it for you. That's where I got mine. Make sure you're asking for sublimed sulfur. They're not going to have it on the shelves.
Thanks Njoy
I will be up in there face as soon as the clock strikes 6:00! :yep:

Great progress NJoy :) I tried calling Walgreens and CVS, both said hey don't have it and can't order it. Is there somewhere else or is there a website that you can get it at?

Great progress NJoy :) I tried calling Walgreens and CVS, both said hey don't have it and can't order it. Is there somewhere else or is there a website that you can get it at?

FearfullyMade, Did you speak to the pharmacy dept? Asked for sublimed sulfur powder? They look it up to see if it's something they can order. They ordered mine on a Friday and I picked it up on Sunday. If not, I did see it online. Just googled it and got americarx.com (if I'm remembering correctly). With shipping it was comparable but I didn't want to wait on shipping. If you didn't speak to someone in the pharmacy specifically, try again. Otherwise, you'll have to find it online. I think I remember someone else saying they called Walmart pharmacy and ordered it but, don't get me lying. I'm not sure where that was. :)

Congrat's! And INCHES MORE!!lol no seriously HHG! Thank you for sharing your progress. It's amazing and beautiful.

Hey Ladies! For those that are interested you can purchase the sublimed sulfur on Amazon.com for under 5 bucks. Njoy thank you for sharing.

NJoy, that's awesome! I just looked up your regi and I'm gonna go get that biotin condish...I'm always eying it at Vitamin Shoppe anywho...

Congrats!!! But what do you attribute it..A combo of what? exercising cowashing ...please give tips???

That's hard to say since I've only been doing this since January and never really took care of my hair prior to that. So, I'm doing several things but, in my mind, my focus is on keeping my scalp happy, protecting my ends and visualizing and expecting growth. I've been claiming wl since I started and it looks like I'm going to have what I say. I'm using a sulfur mix. Didn't use it much over the summer tho. I'm taking supplements. Quit many because of breakouts or just not feeling like paying to keep reupping (and stopping would take time getting back on track). Exercising? :nono: I'ma just have to keep it real and say I'm still planning to start one day. :look:

But, with cowashing, letting my scalp breathe during the day and massaging my sulfur oil at night, I felt like I was taking good care of my scalp. And I ps like a beast. Only wore my hair out 2x this year and not long then.

And maybe being naive and trying not to let people dictate what my hair is supposed to do. I think I saw a thread early on that someone went something like sl to wl in a year (babygurl?) and I thought, it's possible so that's what I'm going to claim for myself. And I kept the ideas that my hair grows fast and that it's constantly growing in front of me. I print out pics of my length shots in black and white and use a marker to extend the length to the next goal length. Then I use that image to see that growth before it happens and try not to send conflicting messages by constantly checking my actual length. And, I thank God for it. I also keep my actual progress pics in my siggy so that I can see that my hair is growing, for those times when it starts feeling sl again.

*shrugs* Don't really know what else to attribute it to. My hair and I have an understanding. I'll take care of you and you do what I say. So far, it's working...along with everything else that I'm doing. My reggie is in my lhcf blog. I don't think I'm doing anything revolutionary. If you find something that may be causing above average growth, do tell. I'm not trying to figure it out. Just trying to do what I believe makes sense.

I hope that didn't sound like rambling but, *shrugs* that's my response. :look: HTH :yep:

Aha. I've always loved sulfur with a combo of biotin. I mixed them both with Tea Tree Oil Cholesterol when I shaved all my hair off in high school. My hair grew an inch per month up until I relaxed.

This is just fuel in the belly to stop doing length checks every time I go to the bathroom. I read a book that says thinking about losing weight causes you to lose weight better than dieting alone. I never though this concept applied to hair.

Aha. I've always loved sulfur with a combo of biotin. I mixed them both with Tea Tree Oil Cholesterol when I shaved all my hair off in high school. My hair grew an inch per month up until I relaxed.

This is just fuel in the belly to stop doing length checks every time I go to the bathroom. I read a book that says thinking about losing weight causes you to lose weight better than dieting alone. I never though this concept applied to hair.

I really think it applies to everything. I visualized my way into a new Lexus and never saw it coming. How 'bout that.

NJoy, you know how I feel about this --> AMAZING and I'm so hype for you. Great progress my friend. Keep up the outstanding work. You're focus, claiming the progress, and you're reaping benefits.

Girl I love your progress....I've visited your profile enough that as soon as I see your name, I whisper your reggie to myself! Your growth - not just retention - is incredible!!!

What is your goal length and when you reach it do you plan to change your reggie? Ex. bun less?

Girl I love your progress....I've visited your profile enough that as soon as I see your name, I whisper your reggie to myself! Your growth - not just retention - is incredible!!!

What is your goal length and when you reach it do you plan to change your reggie? Ex. bun less?

LOL @ whispering the reggie. My goal length is hl. And that's because I'd like to be able to Caruso curl my hair and have it hang a decent length, even if my roots shrivel up. I've never really been one to wear my hair out a lot anyway. Just hair lazy, not hair conscious. So, I'll probably do ponytails and cute buns (like the infinity bun.). Not exciting, I know. But when I choose to wear it out. Va va va voom!!

And, I started my journey with newly cut layers and a v shape. Besides maintaining at hl, I'm going to work on growing out the layers and reshape my hemline.

As for the reggie, I'll stop the oil mix and supplements and just focus on healthy maintenance. :yep:

Girl, I need to say I'll start focusing on fitness but uh, let me slow my roll and crawl before I walk. :lachen:

Back