6 weeks post relaxer..my scalp is sooo sore

kiwiny

i will never be able to make it 8-10 weeks post relaxer because my scalp get so tight, sore and itchy.
I just sit there and scratch and pick at it all day and I know that not a good thing to do because my relaxer will surely burn the crap out of me when applied.
Does that happed to anyone else. it is even worse now that I have been using MNT. My new growth is crazy because of it.

What should I use to make it feel better..should I wash my hair again or any suggestions for a product to stop the soreness.

That happens to me at about 6 weeks or so too, but I don't relax until about 12 weeks. It just goes away after while. I don't notice it anymore. Ladies is there any way to stop it though? It gets annoying...

I just stretched to 14 weeks post! My scalp only gets sore when i start being faithful to my GNC Hair vites. Are you ladies using them? Either it'll slowly get less painful/annoying after like 1month, or i'll stop taking the vites (laziness) and it'll immediately go away.

kiwiny said:
i will never be able to make it 8-10 weeks post relaxer because my scalp get so tight, sore and itchy.
I just sit there and scratch and pick at it all day and I know that not a good thing to do because my relaxer will surely burn the crap out of me when applied.
Does that happed to anyone else. it is even worse now that I have been using MNT. My new growth is crazy because of it.

What should I use to make it feel better..should I wash my hair again or any suggestions for a product to stop the soreness.

My scalp does that periodically. What I do is take a carrier oil like olive or castor oil and basically "grease" my scalp with it. Then I go back in with my fingers and massage to my heart's content, focusing on the areas that are sore. A couple of days of doing that and it goes away. I usually leave the oil in overnight and just wash it out the next morning.

HTH

I used to have this problem in middle school but it has since gone away..
I would suggest aloe vera gel massages or even rosemary oil to soothe the irritation. You may also wanna consider CO washes for a while since the SLS and ALS in poos may be irritating your scalp. HTH...

Back