5 Steps To Recover From Product Junkism

When I die, don't get a casket, just dump me into a vat of the latest sweet smelling miracle moisturizer, and sprinkle the latest growth oil on me, because I want to come back with my curls popping:D

Wait, is that an option? :lachen::lachen::lachen:
Resurrect me longer, stronger, banging hair!

She is telling the truth we women spend countless amounts of money on beauty, make-up, clothes, shoes, haircare, nails, fast food(where are my cookies?) and what do we have to show for it? Think of all the money, businesses we could have with that same money. Right now I am a PJ, if you other PJ's have some stuff that didn't work send it to me, haven't decided on my regiment yet. One day, I hope to get it together. Thanks for this post to make us think.

Unfortunately OP, your assessment of why ladies buy product and in BULK (which seems to have garnered some attention lately as being a problem) is off.

In addition, what is "PJ" to one certainly would not be a "PJ hauler" to another. It's relative. For instance, most hair lovers would not classify 20-25 products on hand at any given time a junkie. It maybe for others, but their thinking is not the same as a hair lover. Some heavy hitters would not consider 50 different bottles of Suave, VO5 or cholesterol apart of being a PJ either. This person buys in bulk of the things they like. I notice no one was talking about "PJ" when ladies were posting notices on where they could buy CON green and go buy the remainder of their inventory.

Furthermore, the post belittles someone who likes trying new products, is looking for more out of their hair (nothing wrong with wanting 2nd or 3rd day hair for a natural, a decent dry shampoo to get swing back for a relaxed head, or wanting more stretch). This is not symptomatic of self-loathing, just trying to work it out.

Some ladies were spending a mint on their hair before, they were just giving it to their stylists, others were already into buying product and the forums just helped broaden our knowledge of what's available. There are all types of ladies on this board, with a broad range of professions and budgets. We are not all young, not all students, not all broke, and not all on limited or purposefully tight budgets.

There are ladies in the fashion forum buying $650+ shoes and bags and ladies hauling makeup and skincare in the makeup forum, so let's keep things in perspective.

This is Minty's last long post.

U took this wwaaayyyy too deep :ohwell:

Its not our fault
Blame the folks in the hit and misses threads who go on and on about how great thus product is.
Its people like supergirl who makes their own product lines and uses words like silk dreams.
And tell these members to stop making threada informing us of beauty sales

Back