$5 Million & Your Hair

SouthernTease

If you all of a sudden came into $5 million dollars...
but your EXPENSES HAD TO BE HAIR RELATED
how would that affect your hair? Your regimine?

Here's what I would do:
I would get daily scalp massages that last an hour
I'd get a lot of very fabulous lace front wigs until my
hair grows out and I'd buy a mega salon for do it
yourselfers so that we can have rollersetting
parties. Is there a Black Hair Mueseum... I'd probably
fund one of those.

What about you??? ...

(( CAN YOU TELL HOW BORED I AM? ))

SouthernTease said:

Here's what I would do:
fund one of those.

What about you??? ...

Maybe, but why am I finding this a fun fantasy.:)
Yeah, I would go to Bey's stylist and wig maker and get HOOKED UP on the lacefront wigs.
I'd also go to cosmetology school.
I'd hire a live in hairstylist who could only do my hair according to LHCF guidelines.
I would get the finest--I mean the top of the line highest quality silk and satin scarves, bonnets srunchies made for me to tie my hair up at night with. I am really not sure if that stuff we get in the BSS is even satin. I think it's probably polyester.
Can I use the money to hire a chef to prepare me hair healthy meals, or is that cheating?

I would buy a cosmetology school and require all students learn PROPER HAIR CARE! LCHF would be the required curricula. I would send them all over the country to permeate the minds of Black America, Latinos, Mixed and the rest that the only good hair is healthy hair and anyone can have that! And they would be the SME (subject matter expert) distributing that info to every interested person.

Oh yeah, I'd have my own personal stylist and in home salon. ;)

I would probably invest some of that money into finding a super growth supplement or crème that guaranteed to grow my hair 3”/week. I would also make my hair more manageable and not ever have to put a relaxer or any chemicals on it again. I would also find a supplement or crème that made my naturally fine hair thicker. Hence, I wouldn’t need Bey’s lacefronts b/c my own hair would look 10x better than someone else’s hair. I would also find something so that I never had to trim (only trim if I want to). That’s all I can think of for now. I will add more if I can think of something.:)

I would fly in Oprah's and Snoops's hair stylist on a weekly basis. I would also open a beauty supply store and hire KNOWLEDGEABLE sales staff.

Those weekly head massages sound awesome so I would try that
Buy all new hair appliances (top of the line)
Donate to luv of locks or foundations similiar to this foundation
Pay for all of my mothers salon trips
Start my own hair product line (if I had the time).
Set aside a monthly allowance for hair products and vitamins/supplements

No... I said DAILY SCALP MASSAGES...
umm... it's 5 million dollars.
I like the idea of a hiring a chef or maybe
a nutritionist, a trichologist, and some of
the chemists from Aveda, Nexxus, and
KeraCare... maybe even Cathy Howse and
Lisa Akbari :)

napbella said:
I would buy a cosmetology school and require all students learn PROPER HAIR CARE! LCHF would be the required curricula. I would send them all over the country to permeate the minds of Black America, Latinos, Mixed and the rest that the only good hair is healthy hair and anyone can have that! And they would be the SME (subject matter expert) distributing that info to every interested person.

Oh yeah, I'd have my own personal stylist and in home salon. ;)

I wouldn't waste my money. Most of those girls would just graduate and revert back to doing the bad things anyway. I bought the standard cosmetology textbook, and they do teach the students not to double process, to only apply relaxer to new growth, etc. These girls just go out in the real world and choose to do damaging things to the hair b/c it's faster and more convenient for them. They don't care.

I wouldn't waste my money. Most of those girls would just graduate and revert back to doing the bad things anyway. I bought the standard cosmetology textbook, and they do teach the students not to double process, to only apply relaxer to new growth, etc. These girls just go out in the real world and choose to do damaging things to the hair b/c it's faster and more convenient for them. They don't care.

A lot of them do... that's why I'm a DIYer!

Here's what I would do:
fund one of those.

What about you??? ...

You may be bored but you have a creative mind! :up:

I would use the money to start a television show, probably on cable (not BET), focusing primarily on excellent, effective, hair care for women and girls of color. :) I would feature guests on each show who are living examples (like many of the LHCF ladies here) of having beautiful, healthy natural and relaxed hair of all lengths. There would be guests or people from the audience with hair issues they want help with. All hair myths will be corrected or dispelled on this show and everyone (even those who don't watch the show) will learn how to have the hair of their dreams.

Also, I would invent or have guests on who are inventors of new, effective hair products, devices and techniques and have them demonstrate on the show how these work. :)

Last edited:
I would open a chain of cosmetology schools and full-function beauty salons and spas. I would personally go to cosmetology school and become a student of hair all around the world :grin: Come up with my own line of hair products, open up true Black BSS and start taking back the manufacturing side of Black Hair Care. 5 million would not get it done, but it would get me started!

Well, I consider my health to be directly related to my hair - if the body ain't healthy, the hair won't be either!!

I'd start an organic, fully mineralized farm for all of my freshpicked foods and herbs and juices and berries.

I'd hire a top chef to cook it for me.

I'd definitely be down with a daily scalp massage.

I would start a line of organic, customized beauty products.

I would for sure quit my job - all this stress ain't good for me!

I'd get a pondpool so that I can get my exercise on without making my hair suffer the chlorine.....

Back