4's---does your hair get straight in water

Re: 4\'s---does your hair get straight in water

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Mine does the same thing (even before texturizing). It's very happy in water. I still have the natural wave in my hair, but it slicks back and tricks me into thinking I could wash and wear. I have also noticed that I get some of my bulk back once I comb through it, even while still under the water, but it's nothing like when it starts to dry.

I've "typed" my hair as 3c/4a. And I typed based on my natural hair texture, rather than it's processed texture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at your hair pictures. Your natural hair looks similiar to my hair when it was natural. I am now texturized---9 months post texturizer. As of now, I don't plan to texturize in the immediate future. Anyway, my natural hair would straighten in water, and my texturized hair acts the same way. Like you said, when you get it wet, it fools you into thinking you can wash and wear, but when it dries, it gets big with LOTS of shrinkage, and then if you comb it---it goes from curly to being a big afro. From your pictures, I'm guessing we have exactly the same hair type.

[ QUOTE ]
nijilah said:
I consider myself a 3C/4a and I do not have a texturizer nor relaxer. My hair is almost bone straight when it is soaking wet and that is something that I have always thought was weird. But as it dries, can you say 'BIG HAIR!!!'

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's weird too, but it gives me a little entertainment at wash/rinse time
laugh.gif

Mine does not get straight (unless I'm acutally standing in the shower spray) but it "deflates" the instant water touches it. The advantage to that is I can to 2 or 3 days without combing my hair and have the worst looking tangled hair you can imagine, but the minute I get it wet it's all smoothed out.
grin.gif
Detangling takes me less than 1 minute. The disadvantage is my shake 'n go looks darn pitiful and thin. It's still curly when wet but elongated & totally frizz-free. Looks like a drippy jheri-curl.

[ QUOTE ]
jetcitygirl said:
Mine does not get straight (unless I'm acutally standing in the shower spray) but it "deflates" the instant water touches it. The advantage to that is I can to 2 or 3 days without combing my hair and have the worst looking tangled hair you can imagine, but the minute I get it wet it's all smoothed out.
grin.gif
Detangling takes me less than 1 minute. The disadvantage is my shake 'n go looks darn pitiful and thin. It's still curly when wet but elongated & totally frizz-free. Looks like a drippy jheri-curl.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds similar to my hair...

i'm 4A texturized. mine does get straight when wet. it also did when i was natural.

i'm still transitioning, but i'll speak for my new growth portions.
nope. my hair gets curly in places, wavy in places, slightly looser coil in places, and in some places it dosn't change at all. my hair is 3c/4a/4b

[ QUOTE ]
jetcitygirl said:
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jetcitygirl,
I love your pictures. Your hair looks really pretty
smile.gif

Hmm...3b wavy- When under the shower it goes completely straight and of course this plays with my head cause nothing about that could prepare you for the curly wavy that starts to shrink up to shoulder length by the time it is ready to be combed out.
shocked.gif
Now if I just left it alone, it would dry wavy and curly and pouffy and the length would end up somewhere above the shoulders. My bra strap length natural hair....go figure...makes you
crazy.gif
Yessir...a rea...
grin.gif
l mind bender! Cause then you have to assure your mind that it did not break off or melt at the ends. Once you comb it out, (
shocked.gif
slinky stretches out to wavy and hangs.
ooo.gif
It is not hard to comb through though, but I do it in sections to avoid damaging the fine strands. Bonjour.

ok, i dont have a clue what my hair type is anymore lol, i ll have to put up a wet pic for yall to decifer. the majority of my hair nape to crown gets completly straight the very very front edge about half a sqaure inche back an 2 inches wide gets curly n wavy when wet.. an when dry this area is a completly different texture than the rest of my hair. if i had to guess my hair is either 2b or 3b at the very back, 2c or 3c (not sure which one, when natural my hair has s waves.. no coils the size of a fat marker or dark green roller)for the rest and 4a in the very front.

nope. if it was stretched from a style it shrinks into a short fro of teeny velvety coils. it does not "hang" or look wavy when wet.

<font color="red"> I have type 3 hair and it gets straight in water and then it gets curly after.</font>

Back