4K (OK 4b) Relaxed Ladies, How do you do it?

My hair is extremly coarse. I can get it to lay down though. What I typically do is use a boar bristle brush(I wet the brush) I might wet my hair a little bit using warm water(use might want to use a spray bottle) and then quickly add an oil, usually Hot Six Oil. My former roomate used Murray's grease (orange container/like guy's use to get waves) then tie your hair down with a satin or silk scarf. If you do this over night your hair should lay down nicely in the morning. Sometimes, I leave it on for as little as 30 to 40 minutes and it works out, too but the waves are not as pronounced.
Believe me if I can get my hair to lay down anyone can!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Prettygrl. I did try the Let's jam gel oneday last week and that worked pretty well. In fact, I used my Ultra max and the let's jam and it laid down pretty decently. At least, I wasn't embarrassed to wear my hair all back. So that may be my thing. I will try the dax grease too though. I am not really fond of Hot Six oil as my husband used to use it all the time when we were dating and now I can't stand the smell of it.:ohwell:

Back