4B tight Naturals - How do you manage your curly tangling ends/tips?

BBabe

Driving me a little crazy...I plait my hair, but by the end of the week the very tips always roll itself into a balled knot on each plait. I know it can't be lack of moisture, as my hair is so moisturized it drips lol. I think it's cuz my kink is so tightly coiled...Anyone experience this?

My hair always do it. I think that just how natural hair shed its hair. Someone with straight hair will most likely fall off because it has nothing nappy to kling on too. That just what I think.

Mine curl pattern is a 4a & 4b, but I still get them at them ends sometimes. When I take the end out most of the time it is just tangles from a piece a lint that got in. Maybe u should trim, but I dunno for sure Bbabe. I guess just how it is.

Pookie25 said:
My hair always do it. I think that just how natural hair shed its hair. Someone with straight hair will most likely fall off because it has nothing nappy to kling on too. That just what I think.

I think that you're right.

I didn't get these knots at the end of my plaits when my ends were natural and my sisters who are natural don't get them. The key is to braid all the way to the end or, if you don't want to braid the very ends, at the least twist tightly. That should help.
Also, make sure you have a little grease (yeah it's not an enemy) to the very tips.

I do both (braid all the way and use grease), which is why it's kinda frustrating. The thing is that when I braid the hair the ends are not perfectly even, so the bulk of the plait ends higher, so I braid as far as I can go and twist the rest. I just hate loosing a little nib every week.
I must admit it's comforting to know I'm not the only one who experiences this :)

Try putting conditioner on your ends instead of grease. A trim might help too if your ends are dry and split.

Back