4B Naturals(with 5+inch hair)...Ever got a weave?

Peachi

I have always wanted a weave and now that I see Halle's long haired look, I am back to my "wanting a weave" mode.
I've never gotten one because my hair texture verses the weave texture would be too drastic.
Now I know I can braid my own hair "under" the weave but I am really scared of the "bump/hump" effect. I have a lot of hair on my head and I am not sure if I can avoid the bump look.

I also toyed with the idea of using human hair to do my braids where I let the ends out (like those micro braid styles) but those styles look best when you have 4inch or less of hair because then you can let out more of the ends. Whereas if you hair is 5+inch you have more braided hair to cover your real hair and it doesn't look the same.

I hate to think that because of my hair I can't get a naomi campbell weave....
ohwell.gif

wow never had one, but sounds like it could be pretty. How would you do that with out flatironing or straightening the part that is out and blends with the weave? The last time i had a weave I had relaxed hair, so it was easy, I am curious about this too, if you want a straight weave.

I've had my share of weaves here and there, but I have yet to get a weave like the type your describing since being natural. If your hair is nappy like mine, then you might look a little strange with your traditional straight sewn-in weave: however it CAN work if the braids that are underneath are thin AND/OR perhaps you use a weave that is closer to your texture. If you don't even want bother with that all together than consider getting one of those 30sec quick weaves. Just smooth your natural hair back, and place the quick weave in... simple. No need to comb over your hair, place a head band on , or just work with it.

I do have a nice picture of an afro textured sewn-in weave in my album. I had this weave while I was transitioning out of a relaxer.

Right before I relaxed last October, my natural hair had grown quite a bit. I got a sewn-in weave that was a blondish-brown color, but it didn't match my natural hair. I didn't want to press the hair that was left out all the time, so I would suggest getting a closure weave (it's a sewn-in that completely covers your natural hair) or leave out very little.

well i'm a 4b/c and my hair is about 6inches long but wen i get weaves i dont get them straight. i have a few pics in my pic album of the 3c type weaves that i normally get. Wen i do get them in i have all my hair weaved in and the curly frong kinda coveres itself coz of the way its sewn in and thats how i get over the bump coz it covers itself. whatever u decide good luck!

I have tried something crazy one day. I had got my hair pressed and had straight weave in my hair. It looked good for 3 days and then my real hair started to reverting and I had to find someone to take it out. Because I was looking crazy.
perplexed.gif

I ended up having to relax and/or flatiron my hair to make it blend. Plus if you have thick hair it will feel like a helmet undwer the weave. But I might get a curly weave in the future...I like how it looks but it's so hard to maintain. I 've had braids with the ends left out too, it can still look okay with hair that's a little longer, maybe 6 inches but now I wonder if it would look funny since my hair's grown?

[ QUOTE ]
ngaa said:
well i'm a 4b/c and my hair is about 6inches long but wen i get weaves i dont get them straight. i have a few pics in my pic album of the 3c type weaves that i normally get. Wen i do get them in i have all my hair weaved in and the curly frong kinda coveres itself coz of the way its sewn in and thats how i get over the bump coz it covers itself. whatever u decide good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

where is ur album?

thanks girl, yeah i'm still experimentin on what i can do with it without leavin my tracks in full view lol i especially love the two-toness of it coz i love me some colour,even tho i cant colour mine
smile.gif

i stay weaved up! lol it's just easier that way. I get sew ins, crocheted braids, and cornrows. That's all I get now. Sometimes I want a new look and weave helps me get that.

so how do you get a weave? do you do the whole head?

And does it have to be a curly weave? I am interested in a wave, can I do that or will it not match my hair texture?

Back