4B NAturals with 3-4 inches

scarcity21

of hair, do u wear phony ponies...if yes how do u slick the hair back.
Also, do u wear falls? I really dont know what it is...but i think its a half weave with the front of ur real hair sticking out (Anyone correct me if im wrong,lol)
If u wear falls, how do u go about blending ur 4B nat hair with the fall?
Im on the HYH til April fool challenge and looking for a new protetive style...im getting tired of the braids........ and i really dont like wigs that much cos of the flyaway hurrs and fear of it falling out in public:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wear the half weaves and full weaves, and I usually wear hats and scarves with them. I just can't get my hair to blend with the half weave. There just isn't much that I want to do with my real hair, not that it can't be done. I just want to take excellent care of it, put on a stocking cap and throw on a wig!

The wig that I Wear everyday that I always get compliment on is this one...

http://www.lfhair.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=17318

I wear it with headbands, scarves, etc. I have it in 1b, with no highlights. The highlights make it look fake. I love this brand because it had the combs in the front and the back, so there is NO way it can come out!

I'll be buying this one next....

http://www.lfhair.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=17583

Last edited:
I'm a 4a but I wear both. I usually just put fantasia gel on my hair and brush it back. If the fall's hair is too straight to blend with my hair I wear a scarf as a headband to get it to lay down. I usually do my phony ponies on wet hair though bc it'll stay longer like that.

Thank you ladies for the responses.........
Bmoreflygirl.........i may just have to try that fantasia out...im not sure if itll get my 4B hair to lay down flat though...........but we'll see as soon as i take the braids out.........by the way, your whole look is off the wall:)

Flygirl - you do look extra fly.

So you can get 4 inches of hair in a pony tail? The front of my hair is not growing as fast as the back so it all sticks up. Can gel and a scarf really make it look like your's - wow - i'm going to try it.

Oh is your hair wet when you do this?

Bublin said:
Flygirl - you do look extra fly.

So you can get 4 inches of hair in a pony tail? The front of my hair is not growing as fast as the back so it all sticks up. Can gel and a scarf really make it look like your's - wow - i'm going to try it.

Oh is your hair wet when you do this?

Bublin..since she hasnt replied yet..i decided too...lol
In her last post, she said she does it on wet hair bcos it lasts longer that way:)
Cant wait to try it out too....
Bublin, do u have 4B hair?

scarcity21 said:
of hair, do u wear phony ponies...if yes how do u slick the hair back.
Also, do u wear falls? I really dont know what it is...but i think its a half weave with the front of ur real hair sticking out (Anyone correct me if im wrong,lol)
If u wear falls, how do u go about blending ur 4B nat hair with the fall?
Im on the HYH til April fool challenge and looking for a new protetive style...im getting tired of the braids........ and i really dont like wigs that much cos of the flyaway hurrs and fear of it falling out in public:lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not exactly sure what type I have. Concensus was 4B. I wear ponytails but not falls. I just started using blue magic gel to slick mine down. It is the anti breakage formula in the clear jar with blue writing. It certainly does the job but tends to leave residue. Tried fantasia and the kind I tried didn't work for me at all. The brand gets such rave reviews that I have decided to try another type when my blue magic runs out.

scarcity21 said:
Bublin..since she hasnt replied yet..i decided too...lol
In her last post, she said she does it on wet hair bcos it lasts longer that way:)
Cant wait to try it out too....
Bublin, do u have 4B hair?

Hi Scarcity, thanks for repling.
I think i have 3c/4a hair - i only add the 3c in because it has very defined springy curls and when i stretch it with my fingers it is very silky and straight....however if i brush it its a big puff ball.
The problem is the lack of length at the front and with the tight curls, getting it to lay flat seems impossible.

I'm intrigued that people with 4 inches are getting their hair flat and smooth....i feel like i'm missing something here or maybe i need to be more heavy handed with the gel.....also i refuse to use a blowdryer to get length.

I'm just seeing you ladies comments. Thanks :) I think scarcity sent me a pm and I answered those questions but I'm not sure. If I'm doing a phony pony the first time I do it, I do it on wet hair bc it's easier to get my hair to stretch while its wet.The fantasia gel helps to elongate my curls too. My pieces in the front and the very back. arent quite long enough to reach into my pony but they get slicked down with the gel. If I'm not going anywhere for a while I tie it down and then take it off before I leave out the house. If I'm going right out, I just try and keep an eye on it. Once it dries it pretty much stays like that for a few days until I wash it out. Sometimes if it looks dry, I'll take the pony off and rewet it that morning and then put my pony back on. I don't interrupt my hair though I just take the ponytail holder off and wet my hair and put the ponytail holder on. Then I go back over it with my brush. Sometimes I add more gel if I need it but I usually dont except around the edges. Since my hair has already dried in it's stretched state it's much easier to get it back in the pony. I try not to keep it slicked back for more than 2 or 3 days at a time though. It just looks better if I redo it. And sometimes the shorter pieces on the side will start to come down. If they come down during the course of a day I use a hairpin to hold them in place and just pull the ponytail curls down over the pin.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued that people with 4 inches are getting their hair flat and smooth....i feel like i'm missing something here or maybe i need to be more heavy handed with the gel.....also i refuse to use a blowdryer to get length.

I concur Bublin:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Bmoreflygirl!!!

Back