4b Naturals...do you use a detangler?

NO I don't :ohwell:. But thanks for asking. I never expected it to get to this point. It's so tight and fine and use to break easily. This was my first length measure picture since joining 2 years ago. I really wished I had done one.

:( well... its never too late :look:
In the mean time would u mind posting your regiment? My hair is where yours was. It's really tight, fine, and breaks easily.

Lys

:( well... its never too late :look:
In the mean time would u mind posting your regiment? My hair is where yours was. It's really tight, fine, and breaks easily.

Lys

I'm feeling you. Press n curls kept me at SL, Relaxers at CL until my girl burnt out a whole section. From the BC I did dreads for a few yrs but decide to bc again and just try taking care of it myself.

Actually I don't do much but this is my current regimen;
-Co-wash 1 or 2 times weekly using any good conditioner on sale BWC right now and Gionanni moisture cond rinse to finish.
- DC 1 or 2 times a year -I know not good. Plan to do more often.
-Once a month Dr Bronners magic soap diluted followed with cond. rinse.
-Every other month clarify using Avalon Organics clarifying conditioner it gets my hair squeeky enough without using the shampoo.
-Daily moisturizing w/ water & Lav ess. oil
-Daily run oil mix (EVOO, Argon, w/ lav, bergomot,Frankincense ess.oils) through hair.
-wrap in silk scarf at night or whenever it needs to be covered -cheapest found on ebay & on sale at TJMAXX
-Special treat any time coconut milk saturation for as long as my time allows followed by a rinse. Maybe thats a kind of deep condition?

Stopped wearing teeny weeny braids, no patience taking out and I lost too much hair. Twists right now, pulled in a bun most of the time or up.

I am a recovering pj so I do occasionaly try new and interesting products.

More than anything, I think being gentle, finger detangling and giving up the brush :nono: sigh ..I do miss it.

So for now this is it - subject to change without notice :grin:

BTW YOu're right about the pictures. It is worth it to see how you're doing.

Blessings on your journey.

I'm feeling you. Press n curls kept me at SL, Relaxers at CL until my girl burnt out a whole section. From the BC I did dreads for a few yrs but decide to bc again and just try taking care of it myself.

Actually I don't do much but this is my current regimen;
-Co-wash 1 or 2 times weekly using any good conditioner on sale BWC right now and Gionanni moisture cond rinse to finish.
- DC 1 or 2 times a year -I know not good. Plan to do more often.
-Once a month Dr Bronners magic soap diluted followed with cond. rinse.
-Every other month clarify using Avalon Organics clarifying conditioner it gets my hair squeeky enough without using the shampoo.
-Daily moisturizing w/ water & Lav ess. oil
-Daily run oil mix (EVOO, Argon, w/ lav, bergomot,Frankincense ess.oils) through hair.
-wrap in silk scarf at night or whenever it needs to be covered -cheapest found on ebay & on sale at TJMAXX
-Special treat any time coconut milk saturation for as long as my time allows followed by a rinse. Maybe thats a kind of deep condition?

Stopped wearing teeny weeny braids, no patience taking out and I lost too much hair. Twists right now, pulled in a bun most of the time or up.

I am a recovering pj so I do occasionaly try new and interesting products.

More than anything, I think being gentle, finger detangling and giving up the brush :nono: sigh ..I do miss it.

So for now this is it - subject to change without notice :grin:

BTW YOu're right about the pictures. It is worth it to see how you're doing.

Blessings on your journey.

Thank you!

Would u say that the bolded was what helped to stop your breakage the most?

Lys

Thank you!

Would u say that the bolded was what helped to stop your breakage the most?

Lys

That and the protective styling. But I was really rough with the comb. I'd snap those ends off regularly. I loved brushing when it was wet because of the smooth feel and this was after going nat. :nono:

Back