4As/Bs and Waves

Now see i think I'm 4 a/b and i have waves in the front when i bun period lol
but i think it has to do with your new growth (unprocessed) at first i had frizzes when i bunned but now i have waves that just won't go anywhere and there kind of tight everytime i relax there still there

but i think it depends on the amount of new growth mixed with your products and the scarf method

i think my type is waves in the front crown area and on my edges and sides something tighter than waves maybe coils

but it's only 1 area that won't relax straight I've tried putting relaxer ion that section first but it won't get straight

and i say it depends on how much new growth because i've never had waves

Last edited:
I fake the waves. First, I do a braidout by making 10 braids on each side of my head (I have thick hair). Then, when my hair has dried and is nice and wavy from the braids, I pull it back gently into a puff. Then I mist the top lightly with water and rub a little oil over the top. Then I tie my hair down with a scarf while I'm in my car on the way to work. By the time I get to work, the front is laid down, shiny and wavy and I have a big puff in the back.

ETA: I only do the braidout once a week after washing/conditioning my hair.

firecracker said:
I would suggest using IC gel w/sparklites clear if the blue doesn't work for your hair, brushing the hair back into a pony and tie the hair down tightly with a scarf for a while. You should come out with lots of waves. :)

I agree with this. The only thing I can add is that my hair has to be wet/damp when I apply the gel before tying it down. If I put gel on my hair dry, it just poofs up later.

Back