4A Naturals--Please Help My Limp Strands

curlyninjagirl

Over the past few months I've been noticing some limp, straight strands that resemble heat damage, but it couldn't be that since I haven't flat ironed in several months and they just started popping up mid March. Has anyone ever experienced these random limp strands? Have I overconditioned?? :perplexed

I started rinsing my hair in the shower daily around the beginning of March. At first it felt really nice and my ends were buttery soft and I had shine like never before. But then those straight strands starting popping up, just a few at first then slowly increasing in number.

So a couple of weeks ago I quit the daily rinses and went back to my usual once a week wash day and the limp strands decreased in number but then my scalp went loonytunes. It's flakesville.

I pretty much have a full arsenal of hair products. What do I throw at my hair to make it behave? Protein treatment? Oils? :whyme:

Im a 4 a/b natural and Apoghee 2 min reconstructor made my curls return to normal when they looked a little limp in some places.

I've had this happen. But it's usually with the strands at the top/front of my head; that section appears to be more 3C in texture, while the back half of my head is 4A (excluding the nape). I've never tried the protein thing, but just ignored them because I thought that was just the different texture of hair on my head. That's possible too.

But in your case, if you've never noticed them before, then maybe it does have to do with protein.

Protein is a good idea. Also its noteworthy to be careful of manipulating hair when wet because you can stretch, weaken, and damage hair strands if you have finer strands that are pulled, combed, or brushed when wet. For me those limp strands are stretched out strands with too much elasticity.

Back