4a BSL-WL Naturals???

Originally posted by redliz81
She swears by no chemicals! When I told her I wanted to grow my hair, she told me not to relax and leave it alone. She wears PS(wigs)99.9% of the time. She washes every 3 days and twists her hair. She doesn't add product or anything to her hair, and she eats pretty well. It's no secret. She has been growing like this for years. She cut the relaxer out about 10 years ago, and been going by that regimen, since. Of course, she has cut a bit here and there along the way.

I have just seen her leave it alone! What's my problem?...addicted to the scissors
Redliz81, tell your mom her natural hair is gorgeous! I cut my relaxer out 8 years ago, and I've never regretted it. And I like her regimen short and sweet. :yep:
It doesn't take a load of fancy products and growth serums to make our hair grow. it takes common sense, patience and low manipulation to retain our growth...your mom rocks!:2cool:

Last edited:
bumpz!! Thanks Kiya for that link:), msshortysweets, ur hair is AMAZING!!!! I love your fotki, and your twists are awesome! And pinkskates, that blue rockstar smiley is hilarious! ha....

I don't have this, but here is a picture of my mother with 4a WL hair. Hope this helps!

Ahh redliz not that we want to put your Mom on blast, but we are gonna need one or three or four more pics of that beautiful hair just to satisfy our stalking er um I mean curiosity.

That hair is a wonder and we don't see too many with that texture and that length.

So what we are going to need from you are some pics preferably on a regular basis you know for emmm, err, ahhh.....educational purposes. :blush::yep:

I don't have this, but here is a picture of my mother with 4a WL hair. Hope this helps!

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: You just don't see hair like that every day. Heck, I've NEVER seen hair like that! Simply beautiful. Tell your mom she inspired me to grow my natural hair to my butt, instead of WL like I was going for.:grin:

I'm BSL.

Here's a pic with my hair half straight and half curly (from the last time I flat ironed--shrinkage is something else):

Hairpicsandmisc038-vi.jpg

She swears by no chemicals! When I told her I wanted to grow my hair, she told me not to relax and leave it alone. She wears PS(wigs)99.9% of the time. She washes every 3 days and twists her hair. She doesn't add product or anything to her hair, and she eats pretty well. It's no secret. She has been growing like this for years. She cut the relaxer out about 10 years ago, and been going by that regimen, since. Of course, she has cut a bit here and there along the way.

I have just seen her leave it alone! What's my problem?...addicted to the scissors:lachen::ohwell:!

does she moisturize

I'm very impresed with her hair length.....and I would like to have mine long to one day...but leave it alone....wear a wig 99 percent of the time...I'd fail.....

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: You just don't see hair like that every day. Heck, I've NEVER seen hair like that! Simply beautiful. Tell your mom she inspired me to grow my natural hair to my butt, instead of WL like I was going for.:grin:

Yeah, and you are inspiring me just to stay natural. Everytime I am tempted to tex-lax I end up running into one of your pictures and I hang in there. Your texture is vere much like mine and I battle with shrinkage.

does she moisturize

I'm very impresed with her hair length.....and I would like to have mine long to one day...but leave it alone....wear a wig 99 percent of the time...I'd fail.....
No moisturizing...at least I don't think she does. She just twists and hide. She may have retained more if she did...I dunno!:ohwell:

Wow, I haven't been to this thread in a while. I have reached WL since the last time I posted in here. It's amazing how shrinkage makes my hair look the same length curly as I did when I was BSL.

halfstraightback-vi.jpg

Back