Welp, I'm at WL...

Cherokee-n-Black

I'm mad you came in here like Eeyore with no pics and what not and you have some gorgeous hair! Stop trippin! I love how your hair hangs and your curls are very pretty.

You did not jut call me Eeyore! LMAO! :lol: Thank you, I am happy with my hair--I'm just saying' I had fantasies of reaching waist length with my hair hangin' halfway down my back looking like Chime! I have to say, this was a little anticlimactic for me! I'm sorry but my life is not set up for calf-length hair (or growing it for that matter), just so I can hit APL when its curly…I'm embracing my shrinkage. Thanks again!

So pretty! I act like I'm bald till I go to the salon to get my ends dusted every 3-4 months then I am reminded of how much hurr I have,lol.

You did not jut call me Eeyore! LMAO! :lol: Thank you, I am happy with my hair--I'm just saying' I had fantasies of reaching waist length with my hair hangin' halfway down my back looking like Chime! I have to say, this was a little anticlimactic for me! I'm sorry but my life is not set up for calf-length hair (or growing it for that matter), just so I can hit APL when its curly…I'm embracing my shrinkage. Thanks again!

LOL I know you wanted that hang time girl. :) I have a feeling mine will be similar when it's WL. Congrats though! Have you straightened yet?

It's not going to happen with me. My MBL hair hangs to my shoulder with the longer pieces a little past shoulder. When I see WL, it's going to go to my armpit curly. But, since my hair grows out, I anticipate big hair! So, I'm good with the shrinkage.

Beautiful Hair OP!
I would have to agree with the other posters in saying that it's very possible that your hair will get FULLER as it gains length; rather than longer. Honestly I would LOVE to see how full you hair would be at WL! I envision Diana Ross-Volumed hair at that length. #gorgeous

LOL I know you wanted that hang time girl. :) I have a feeling mine will be similar when it's WL. Congrats though! Have you straightened yet?

Froreal3 As close as I'll probably ever come - I roller set it this weekend (I posted the pics here, I'll come back w/link if you didn't see it already). ETA: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=708835&highlight=rollerset+on+natural+hair

And…since I saw all that damage all nice and stretched out, I trimmed the heck out of it, so--I'm not WL anymore! LOL. I guess I should change the title to "Welp, I WAS at WL." It's about BSL/MBL (stretched of course) now but I'm happier with the way it looks/moves. Those raggedy WL ends were getting into fights with each other! :lachen: Now that I know what WL "means" for my curly hair, I'm not so attached to a "length" per se. Just keeping it healthy and lookin' good (or trying, anyway):grin: Thanks for letting me share, ladies!

2rxtlqh.jpg

Last edited:
Back