4a/bs and rollersets

soslychic

Hello ladies. I tried to do a search on this without success so if anyone can help me out please do. I was wondering if any ladies with thick gorgeous 4a/b hair has had success with any sort of rollersets. That includes spiral rods or any type of roller. I liked roller setting when I was relaxed but I don't know if it would work for natural hair. Anybody had any success? What products were used?

I haven't done a rollerset yet, but doing a spiral rollerset is on my list of things to try . . . I just haven't been successful at finding the right rollers yet.

I am completely natural, and I rollerset. I use Jet Set rollers from Sally's. They have little teeth on them and they are plastic. Be careful taking them out! Don't pull--unroll them from your hair. I do a full rollerset and sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes, and I'm done. I really like those rollers and have been using them (in all of the different sizes) for about two years. I am a 4a, too.

I am a 4b natural and I started doing rod sets. I used fantasia IC liquid mousse and their sparklelites gel. when i use this combination my rollerset comes out with a good hold. without the mousse it doesnt last very long. i also used some spritz afterwards but the spritz has alcohol. so i am going to try to find another one that doesnt contain alcohol. just curious what styles are you doing with your hair?

locabouthair said:
just curious what styles are you doing with your hair?

Twist outs with cornrows in the front are my main style right now. I like to experiment though. I use extension braids for a break and style change as well sometimes especially in the summer. I'm open to anything :)

locabouthair said:
I am a 4b natural and I started doing rod sets. I used fantasia IC liquid mousse and their sparklelites gel. when i use this combination my rollerset comes out with a good hold. without the mousse it doesnt last very long. i also used some spritz afterwards but the spritz has alcohol. so i am going to try to find another one that doesnt contain alcohol. just curious what styles are you doing with your hair?

I've been looking for that sparkelite gel. Where do you find it? Can the mousse be found anywhere? What kind of rollers do you use? Are they actual spiral rollers or do you just spiral your hair on different rollers? About what size do you use and what is your method of rolling them up?........if you don't mind :D

Back