4a/4b or 4a Transitioners: Knots at Demarcation Line?

newbeginnings2010

Hi ladies. I did a search on this and didn't find anything too helpful. I've been finger combing my hair, and I've started finding knots at the demarcation line, ONLY on my 4a strands with the little coils. My hair with no curl pattern (4b) does not have these knots. Is there anything that I can do to prevent these knots, or get out the knots that I have? TIA!

This is one of the reasons why i can't airdry. My hair always ends up knotty and tangled. I airdry to about 70% and blowdry on a cold setting with the comb attachment.

edt - actually i don't get knots if i airdry, just super bad tangles/matting at the demarcation line. If i got knots there then i guess my hair would break off at that point.

Last edited:
The only time I noticed anything like this was when I airdried in a bun till my hair was completely dry.

My technique: I airdried in 2-5 ponytails and when my hair was almost dry, I took down the ponytails, then lightly combed then put it up in one bun.

The only time I noticed anything like this was when I airdried in a bun till my hair was completely dry.

My technique: I airdried in 2-5 ponytails and when my hair was almost dry, I took down the ponytails, then lightly combed then put it up in one bun.

I do usually airdry in a bun. I will try this. Thanks MummysGirl!

Back