4a/4b Natural a Newbie to Rollersetting (pics)

ckisland

Hi Ladies!

I did my second rollerset this month, and I must say that I'm in love :weird:. My hair's so full and soft, and I get to show some length!
What I used:
diluted mix of Proclaim foaming wrap and JC Condition and Sculpt
CHI Straight Guard
a medium tooth comb
round brush
purple and gray rollers

DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

Now I have some questions :grin:!!
1. How do you get your rollerset to last more than a day? :lachen:(Sleep routine)
2. Have any naturals been able to retain length while rollersetting regularly. If so, what is you routine?
3. What kind of combs/brushes do you use to rollerset?

I'm going to try again this weekend using smaller rollers to see if I can get a more defined set :yep:.

Did you blow your hair out before or after at all? What did you actually do?
You could try pin curls to keep the curls over night.

Did you blow your hair out before or after at all? What did you actually do?
You could try pin curls to keep the curls over night.
I only used the blowdryer to smooth my roots a little after I took the rollers out.
1. I cowashed
2. detangled with SSI condish and my Goody's paddle brush
3. divided my hair in 4
4. starting from the back, I divided the section in half and sprayed it with my setting mix
5. I combed my hair with the medium toothed comb, then smoothed with my round brush
6. finally I rollered the piece and once I was done, I sat under a bonnet dryer for 2 hours.

To answer your first question, I put my hair in a bun and the curls lasted overnight. After the 1st night I just twisted my hair, so I have no idea how long buns can hold the curl for.

Day 1:
Granny:
IMG_00311-vi.jpg

Banana Clip
IMG_00361-vi.jpg

Day 2:
i took out the bun and fluffed my hair out and put on a head band.
IMG_00441-vi.jpg

Thank you Afrokink!
Your second day hair looks really good. I'm going to give the bun thing a try!

I'm glad the rollerset worked for you. This is one of my staple "low manipulation" styles...

are you using magnetic rolles? I am thinkinh about curlformers or those one foam roller thing.
Yeah, I'm using the magnetic rollers with the metal clips. I would love to try curlformers, if I had the money for them :lachen:. I thinking about getting a bunch of flexirods and trying those out.

Back