4a/4b ladies, I really need your help...

LunadeMiel

to help my little sister and little cousin. They are both natural and I need to create a regimen for them. Also, I would appreciate any suggestion on hairstyles for them (nothing too kiddie, they would kill me...:grin:)

Sister (12 yo)
She has fine and coase hairs on her head. She had a very defined curl pattern. The problem is that her hair tends to be very dry. She has been wearing her hair out in an afro for the past week and I can she it breaking. Last night she washed her hair and blowdried it and there were bits and pieces of hair all over the place. I don't know if I want her to wear wash and gos everyday because her hair tangles easily. Also, her hair is very difficult to comb while dry or even damp. I would say that she has about 4" of hair (I bced her about 1 month ago).

Cousin (10 yo)
She has always been natural. Her hair is very similar to my sister's. Her strands are medium and she has a bit less dryness than my sister. She has about 8" of hair.

TIA for your suggestions...:yep:

I did my niece's hair in two strand twists like mine and she loves it (10yrs old) Comb and twist the hair while wet and after deep conditioning. Seal with castor oil. Don't blow dry:sad:. Use jeri curl juice for moisture. Use barrettes, pins, headbands etc for cuteness.:rolleyes:

My daughter is 13, and she has 4a-4b hair. The best thing for her so far are box braids, that she rinses every other day, and put an ouchless band on to put back every day.

I will put a pic of her hair on tonight. She is completely natural. The box braids keeps her hair protected, and the daily rinses are helping with growth.

HTH.

I did my niece's hair in two strand twists like mine and she loves it (10yrs old) Comb and twist the hair while wet and after deep conditioning. Seal with castor oil. Don't blow dry:sad:. Use jeri curl juice for moisture. Use barrettes, pins, headbands etc for cuteness.:rolleyes:

This is what I do with my daughter's 4a hair, only I let the hair dry about 60% after I put a leave-in (I used Aveda DR con) so it will have minimal shrinkage, then I used the Denman brush on each little section to get the hair to curl really pretty, put Ghee on it and twisted until the last inch, then wet it with a water/oil misture and curled the ends with my fingers. She even asks for twists, so I think your little ladies will appreciate them.

Back