3C... OR WHATEVER... REVIEW OF QHEMET ALMA AND OLIVE HEAVY CREAM

its me again...

Disclaimer... I'm looking for a product that I can use on its lonesome for multiple styles

AOHC-2T.jpg

Ingredients
castor oil, olive oil, distilled water, organic alma, organic brahmi, organic aloe africana, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), vegetable glycerine, conditioning emulsifier, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyglycerine, essential oil blend

Ok... don't stone me ladies...

I just don't know what the hype is about! I really think for me the curls stuff was better...

Pros

• thick
  • moisturizing
  • the moisture lasts
  • detangles... slightly
  • not a really tacky feel afterwards
Cons

• The smell... after curls spoiled me with that icing smell, this stuff had me thinkin I was on the way to a bad day at work instead of relaxing on a sunday :ohwell: its just BLAH... almost unplesant
  • the wetness... I despise having a wet neck for a wng... my neck is still wet... it is really really wet... i think too wet for me...
  • lack of definition... this cream is meant for moisture, but the curl definition is just not there... at least not like curls did it for me... (eta... its not for style defintion... just moisture... my bad)
  • it is mostly castor oil and my scalp hates it... i wish they had posted their ingredients online... they didn't... and I bought it, and now my head hurts. castor oil is the main ingredient.
the back... too wet
picture.php

still too wet
picture.php

whole head view... it feels so soggy
picture.php

i'll keep you guys posted on how it holds up tomorrow, and i will try it on my 4a mother... if my hair is still soft, I will say the product did its job... but I can tell by the way it feels that I will not be wasting my time doing a wet set of any sort using this stuff... I almost want to use it pre-blowdrying... if anyone has done that let me know... other wise, I'm bout to head on to the product exchange forum and see what it do so i can get some money outta this... i need more curls whipped :grin:

summary: not a fail, but definitely not a pass... I should've followed my gut and just stuck with the curls... and i also got the root butter cream sample... but thank you qhemet website for not telling me that it has cetyl alcohol in it... MY HAIR HATES CETYL ALCOHOL!!!!!

ok now i'm gonna go disappear.... for dissing yall's beloved qhemet :hide:

:lachen:

Last edited:
The AOHC is not a styler like the Whipped Cream. I usually use it for moisture while layering it with a styler.

Your hair looks really nice nonetheless. Try maybe putting a little whipped cream on top.

I agree she should post ingredients on her site......

The AOHC is not a styler like the Whipped Cream. I usually use it for moisture while layering it with a styler.

Your hair looks really nice nonetheless. Try maybe putting a little whipped cream on top.

I agree she should post ingredients on her site......

yes i feel deceived... i wouldve never touched that root butter cream... everything i have used with cetyl alcohol dries my hair out horribly...
I might do a braid out 2morrow and put the whipped on top like u said... i'll post it if i do!

it is too heavy for some people. I don't like it on the lenght of my hair maybe the ends but that's it. I am trying to use it in different ways before I give the final review on it. Sorry though!

Lol at the title of this post.

So far it looks nice. Your curls look defined to me. I can't wait to see your 2nd day hair pics of this.

It did not work for me either but your hair is pretty. I hope you can find some way to use it so your money won't go to waste. Also a little goes a long way, try using less next time to see if it works better.

Op, maybe u can use it for twists, braid outs or bantu sets.

I also sometimes use it on my ends to kinda seal (since it has castor oil) the burdock root cream in.

Eta: it might be nicer in the winter too for a bun.

Last edited:
its me again...

Pros

• thick
  • moisturizing
  • the moisture lasts
  • detangles... slightly
  • not a really tacky feel afterwards
Cons

• The smell... after curls spoiled me with that icing smell, this stuff had me thinkin I was on the way to a bad day at work instead of relaxing on a sunday :ohwell: its just BLAH... almost unplesant
  • the wetness... I despise having a wet neck for a wng... my neck is still wet... it is really really wet... i think too wet for me...
  • lack of definition... this cream is meant for moisture, but the curl definition is just not there... at least not like curls did it for me
  • it is mostly castor oil and my scalp hates it... i wish they had posted their ingredients online... they didn't... and I bought it, and now my head hurts. castor oil is the main ingredient.

I used to LOVE the scent:cupidarrow: of Qhemet it smelled like lemons to me but I think it was changed to a natural scent or something and it hasn't been the same since. I hate when companies change their scents. Blended Beauty changed the scent of the kids line and I HATE it. It smells like nothing. :offrant:

Anyhoo... I like the burdock root cream better than the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream but I wouldn't use either for a wash n go.

Can you pleassssssssse list the ingredients in the AOHC? I wanted to order, but I hate buying stuff without know whats in it....Thanks!

sorry to hear it didnt work out for u :( but can always donate/swap :grin:....preferrably with me :yep: lol

yes if my mom don't like it i'll be making it available :grin:

I used to LOVE the scent:cupidarrow: of Qhemet it smelled like lemons to me but I think it was changed to a natural scent or something and it hasn't been the same since. I hate when companies change their scents. Blended Beauty changed the scent of the kids line and I HATE it. It smells like nothing. :offrant:

Anyhoo... I like the burdock root cream better than the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream but I wouldn't use either for a wash n go.

I'm all about smells girl...

Can you pleassssssssse list the ingredients in the AOHC? I wanted to order, but I hate buying stuff without know whats in it....Thanks!

its at the top! i got u boo!

I only use it for moisture, not to define my curls. I have even been known to use a little when I straighten my hair as it adds moisture w/o reverting if you use just a little.

I only use it for moisture, not to define my curls. I have even been known to use a little when I straighten my hair as it adds moisture w/o reverting if you use just a little.

Thats what i was thinking of using it for... but my hair reverts easily, so i'm not sure... judging on how it feels, I'm pretty certain i'm gonna get rid of it...

I was looking for a product that I could use mostly on its lonesome

for me qhemet is filet mignon while curls is mickey d's.

doesn't the whipped cream have cetyl alcohol in it too??

the curls leaves my hair dry after 2 days. qhemet, moisture for a week. it does say that castor oil is in it on the website though

Key Ingredients: Our ultra thick cream contains Amla, Brahmi and African Aloe, premium Afro-Indian bontanicals used for thousands of years to nourish the scalp and strengthen and condition hair. MSM sulfur nurtures follicles and encourages healthy hair growth, Mediterranean Olive Oil delivers emollience and lubricity and African Castor Oil delivers sheen, incredible softness and possesses hair growth and hair thickening properties.

doesn't the whipped cream have cetyl alcohol in it too??
[/B]

No. The souffle does... And the milkshake does. And on the website it didn't say castor oil was the first ingredient.
Glad it worked for u tho...

I guess my hair is pretty low class lol... They cost the same tho... That was a fun analogy lol :spinning:

Thats what i was thinking of using it for... but my hair reverts easily, so i'm not sure... judging on how it feels, I'm pretty certain i'm gonna get rid of it...

I was looking for a product that I could use mostly on its lonesome

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. If you want to sell it, pm me.

I am sorry it did not work for you OP! I used this product for the first time this week for my twist and I am in love with the softness, shine, and moisture it gave. However, everyone's hair is different and responds differently to the same hair product. HHG! :)

Update...

I'm really mushy! i just took it out of the bun, i'm not gonna post the pics... its kinda tragic lol...

i am gonna try on my mom's and post her before and after pics, she is gonna use it as part of a press regimen, and also for a wet set, with something else (which i learned today lol)

oh and guys i only used a little bit... maybe i'll use less on my mom? we'll see

The AOHC is very heavy and a little sticky until it dries. I think it would be okay with protective styling with buns if you plan to do any protective styles.

I am not sure Curls is Mickey Ds, but products work differently for everyone.

No other advice this time. Hope you find what works.

The AOHC is very heavy and a little sticky until it dries. I think it would be okay with protective styling with buns if you plan to do any protective styles.

lol i love how u finish off your posts :grin:

It's so individual. I tried so many products and have so much unused stuff. I know what you are going through. Your posts may help someone that has hair similar to yours.

Last edited:

it's mickey d's on my hair! it felt like i just put water on my hair and called it a day. i was like :perplexed

i just finished clarifying and detangling with mane and tail detangler...
cleaning up the damage that this stuff caused lol
I was so spongy and gooey and over moisturized just now... and i lost a lot of hair, but I have a lot and its mostly the damaged ends so its not really a setback... :ohwell:

i am hoping my mommy doesn't like it so i can sell it and get some curls! lol

Back