365 conditioner - Leave in?

guyanesesista

I was looking at my 365 conditoner the other day and wondered if I could use it as a leave in by adding oil to it to give it some slip as it's very watery. I wondered if it would cause build up but it doesn't seem like it would as it doesn't have cones and anything else that would seem buildup-y. I used it lastnight to braid up my hair and so far I don't notice buildup. I'll continue using it for the week and see. I put my hair in plaits and will be wrapping for the week. Mine is fragrance free and made with bio-degradable ingredients. It costs $2 at wholefoods for 16oz. If this works out for me I'll be able to save a ton on moisturizer and I like this cuz I can't stand the high perfume smells in regular leave-ins.

What do ya'll think? Anyone do this already? I know there are some that use conditoner as leavein but I'm wondering about this particular conditioner or something similar.

Here are the ingredients:
Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor oil, Steralkonium Chloride, Chamomilla recutita (matricaria flower extract), Tocopheryl Acetate, glyceryl sterate, benzyl alcohol, dehydroacetic acid, sodium citrate panthenol

Ingredients not in correct order sorry.

Try it out. What works for some heads may not work for others. The worst that could happen is that you don't like it, and you can just wash it out and start fresh. At least then you will know for sure. Some rinse out conditioners work well for me as leave-ins, and others don't.

Back