32 years old, overweight, and loses everything I love..

Yes. Sometimes I look back at myself in my 20s and can only SMH. I let him (he was 38 when we met, I was 23) convince me that I really didn't want to get married:sad:

The stuff we put ourselves through... isn't it crazy?

This is why I have to laugh when I hear people being scared of reaching age 30. I know it's not true for everyone, but I found it a whole lot easier to see BS and dismiss it when I got older. Wisdom and experience are amazing things!!!!

The stuff we put ourselves through... isn't it crazy?

This is why I have to laugh when I hear people being scared of reaching age 30. I know it's not true for everyone, but I found it a whole lot easier to see BS and dismiss it when I got older. Wisdom and experience are amazing things!!!!

I am 30 and I pray for more wisdom daily.

I am looking into traveling. I did my application for school online and I am studying to get my drivers license. I have put that off for far too long.

I haven't read all of the comments, but my perspective is 32 is young. You might lose sight of this because you expected to be married, etc. by now, but look at the wedding announcements in the NY Times. Most of the women are in their late-20s and early-30s.
So there is no rush and there is no reason to spend time with a man who deosn't love you out of loneliness or desperation.

That said, I've never met a women that is too old, heavy, ugly, whatever for love and I am certain that you are not the exception. Just treat yourself a little more kindly.

I recently read that in every relationship there is someone who is kisses and someone who allows themselves to be kissed. Try to change your outlook to that of a person who allows themselves to be kissed.

Thanks Sea1980. I haven't spoken to him since I posted this and I actually feel ok. I went outside, wore a smile and got some positive energy my way. I am going to explore my hobby of Photography a lil more this summer too. I enjoy taking pics and I found that I love nature. I am thinking positive and hopefully that will take me on the path I need to be. A joyful one with or without a husband.

Back