3 weeks post Relaxer...IS IT TOO SOON TO BC??? HELP!!

JuicesN'Berries

Hi ladies!! for those who remember me I would like to say it feels good to be back and I have missed you guys dearly.....So....I'm 3 weeks post and I would like to BC asap!! But I'm scared it maybe too soon...I'm not afraid of short hair, I'm just scared about having relaxed hair sticking up off my head...I would like to cut it really short, kinda like just before pulling an Amber Rose...Do you ladies think I should wait a week or 2??...I have like a 1/4 in NG but my sides are still really straight....any advice is appreciated....

other BC'er who have shaved there heads please post pics or links..thank u!!

Thank you!!....Everyone keeps telling me I should wait but I really wanna cut it before I change my mind!! Thanks for your advice!!

You are a brave girl! I'd waita few more weeks so you can avoid the short straight hair thing. Maybe 4-6 weeks since you plan on cutting it really low anyway.

*sheepish grin* That's the only thing I regret about the SUPER-DEE-DUPER short cut I did. I have about a teeny weeny milimeter of relaxer, and I PROMISE you can't tell...BUT I KNOW IT'S THERE!:wallbash:

Good Luck with that! From the pic, I know you'll be fierce no matter hat you choose.:yep:

I Bc'd after 4 months.. then proceeded to cut my hair down to the close crop..

If i had it to do all over again. i woulda shaved my head when i felt the urge to go natural.....

I would do it.. just go get a bald fade....and comitt!!!

i transitioned for about 8 weeks before i bc'd. i think you should wait a minimal of that time if you want to ensure no relaxed hair remains. My BC pic is in my sig!

If i remember correctly i think i was 3 months post when i did the BC. I had about 3 inches of growth. By the time the stylist made my hair look even and all it was about 2 inches - so just be mindfull that that you will probably have some of the natural hair cut away too.

Oh and when i did chop i was advised by someone else afterwards that i should have kept the front slightly longer than the back - this avoids problems when you have length and are trying to put the hair into one.

You can BC at any time. You don't have to wait so many weeks post relaxer. If you want to do it do it. If not wait, it does not have anything to do with being post relaxer. JMHO

Thank you all for your advice...I'm still torn because I really don't wanna look crazy. I'm not all that concerned with still having "relaxed ends", I just wanna know that I will be able to lay it down with some type of moisturizer or something until my next haircut when I will be able to cut the remaining ends off...

I just was in another thread and I seen a link to Dwight from RHOA, "girlfriend" check out her cut do you think this is cute?? and can I possible pull it off..?

Here is the link:
http://purpledoorsalon.com/html_info.cfm?menu_itemID=287849&load=html

Thank you all for your advice...I'm still torn because I really don't wanna look crazy. I'm not all that concerned with still having "relaxed ends", I just wanna know that I will be able to lay it down with some type of moisturizer or something until my next haircut when I will be able to cut the remaining ends off...

I just was in another thread and I seen a link to Dwight from RHOA, "girlfriend" check out her cut do you think this is cute?? and can I possible pull it off..?

Here is the link:
http://purpledoorsalon.com/html_info.cfm?menu_itemID=287849&load=html

Yup, I think you can absolutely pull it off. Can't wait to see the pics! :grin:

OOOooo plz listen to Fabu....I have no business in here advising you but, maybe you should wait? Your hair is so pretty!

LMAO!!! Awwww man! Why???????

Because you've already voiced concerns about "losing the courage" to do it if you wait any longer. This SCREAMS to me you are probably going to regret it in a couple of weeks after the novelty wears off. I wouldn't do it...Not right this minute, at least. Give it another week or two..... :nono:

LMAO!!! Awwww man! Why???????

Your hair is so pretty... sure you don't want to consider a transition? It really isn't that bad ... I'm 8 months post and doing fine. I just see people BC'ing like :nono: unless it is super damaged or something... But if it makes you comfortable; by all means.

Just my opinion. Good luck in whatever you choose to do!

Her hair will grow back, but if length is a major concern then I suggest a long transition. If being natural is a higher priority than length right now, then I say cut it.

Her hair will grow back, but if length is a major concern then I suggest a long transition. If being natural is a higher priority than length right now, then I say cut it.

ITA! I don't think everyone is as attached to their hair regardless of length, so if you're sure you're ready, then I say do it by all means. Wear it with confidence, and love yourself whether you have wsl hair or no hair at all. Just share pics!!! I BCed because being completely natural took priority over length. Hair grows back.

i really hated it when I told people I was cutting my hair short and they told me not to .. actually more like demanded not to .. their reason .. Your hair is soo long and pretty .. *** that. I cut it anyways and I loveddd it.

I think the picture you showed looks really hot ... but that looks more like a Buzz Cut ..than a Big Chop. If you are prepared to have short hair ... and be ready for the stares and comments from family and friends .. also for people to see your face more, then go for it !

If you do it , invest iN some big earrings and popping makeup

Last edited:
Unless you want to walk around nearly bald, go ahead.
But I say wait, because doing a BC can be a MAJOR physical and emotional change.
It looks like you have long hair and you will probably end up in shock if you chop it all off now.
Wait till you are 1 year past, at least.

Your hair is soo pretty

I did my BC my shaving off my hair but my hair looked nothing like yours, i say do it if your willing to go through an arkward phase and have people touching your head and doing double takes in the street

At first i did regret my BC, but im glad i did it because i would of never lasted transitioning.

i have a big head :grin: this was about a week after my BC

Attachments

• DSCN0082j.jpg
    DSCN0082j.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 6
Back