3 Trims in 3 Months

Ipanema

I've been having fun with my hair, but as a result, I haven't retained much length.
frown.gif
My haircare routine needs to change quick! I'm thinking of cornrowing my hair & trying the baggie method again for the winter. The last time I used Carefree Gold Instant Moisturizer & my hair felt nasty & hard. It also knotted up because of the shrinkage the moisture caused. So now I'm planning to just use olive oil on the ends of my cornrows & keep the bag on until the next wash & condition (once or twice a week). I'm wondering is it good to keep the hair saturated with olive oil for days at a time or should some other type of product be used? If you're doing the baggie method, what have you been using on your ends?

I guess this qualifies as the baggie method: but I use a plastic cap . I condition rinse my hair every other night, while in the shower I add a giant glob of vaseline, squeeze out the excess water brush the vaseline threw the ends, pour on a bit of surge, top with a quarter size amount blend of castor/avocado/jojoba oil, smooth that over my entire head, slick back to a pony twist bun, cover it with the plastic cap then tie a satin scarf over that for the night. I'm also taking biotin and amino acid complex and added msm, my results have been fantastic. I trim with my split ender every five weeks
wink.gif

I have also gone back to this method. So far this year, I have gained 7 1/4 inches using it and I don't plan on changing my regimin anymore.

I keep my hair in cornrows, and in the baggie is Olive Oil which my hair seems to soak up without ill effect. I haven't notice anything bad about keeping my hair in Olive oil for a week at a time. I could, in theory, stretch it out to two weeks but I'm so used to washing my hair once a week. I only made it 11 days and then I went back to washing it once a week.

After the week is done and I take my hair out of the baggie, the ends are moisturized, not dry, even though there is a minimal amount of Olive Oil left (a couple of centimeters down from a 1/4 full baggie)

For my scalp, I use Hairobics Detangler Oil. I put it down each section between the cornrows. I do this only once a week, on the day that my hair is cornrowed. You can see pictures of the cornrows I wear as well as how I wear my hair to bed, in my hair gallery. The link is in my signature.

You can use any kind of oil that will keep your hair moisturized. Olive oil, Coconut oil, Meadowfoam oil, Monoi oil, Grapeseed oil, and Jojoba oil, among others, are great oils to use.

Back