3 Reasons to try Kinky-Curly Products

caligirl

Ok, I took a small section of hair, sprayed it with water, then applied "knot today" and "jojoba jelly." The result:

1. texturizer-like effect
2. nice fragrance, not to stong at all
3. non-greasy. I didn't even have to wash my hands after applying it.

I'll try this on the rest of my hair on wash day and report back.

caligirl said:
Ok, I took a small section of hair, sprayed it with water, then applied "knot today" and "jojoba jelly." The result:

1. texturizer-like effect
2. nice fragrance, not to stong at all
3. non-greasy. I didn't even have to wash my hands after applying it.

I'll try this on the rest of my hair on wash day and report back.

Ooh I am so excited! I'm trying mine tomorrow...

My Kinky-Curly products arrived today, but I won't be trying them until the weekend. I was quite disappointed that the 1 lb jar of Curling Custard I ordered was not full. :( I think I'll send them an email to that effect and see if they'll rectify. But all the products do smell very nice.

balisi said:
My Kinky-Curly products arrived today, but I won't be trying them until the weekend. I was quite disappointed that the 1 lb jar of Curling Custard I ordered was not full. :( I think I'll send them an email to that effect and see if they'll rectify. But all the products do smell very nice.

It's probably 1 lb by weight.

CurlyCrly said:
ginsana, what is a texturizer-life effect (since you already have a texturizer)?

I think you have me mistaken with Caligirl. I didn't say anything about any texturizer like effect, she did, I swear! :) I already have a texturizer...

Ginsana said:
I think you have me mistaken with Caligirl. I didn't say anything about any texturizer like effect, she did, I swear! :) I already have a texturizer...

oops! Yep, you're right. :lol: She quoted you in her post when she said she was going to try it over the weekend.

divine said:
My mom said some box came in the mail yesterday, but she didn't look at it. It either my shakes or the firm I ordered.

It mixes much better if you put the milk in first and the powder in last. The powder, whether it's the shake mix or vitamins, tends to clump on the bottom and not mix so well if the milk goes in last. It says add the milk first in the directions, but I forgot and now I see why they say that. It was lumpy on the top from the vitamins not mixing, but drinkable.

CurlyCrly said:
It mixes much better if you put the milk in first and the powder in last. The powder, whether it's the shake mix or vitamins, tends to clump on the bottom and not mix so well if the milk goes in last. It says add the milk first in the directions, but I forgot and now I see why they say that. It was lumpy on the top from the vitamins not mixing, but drinkable.

Thank you, because I wouldn't read anything.

CurlyCrly said:
It's probably 1 lb by weight.
I'm sure it is. I was just expecting the same amount I'm used to getting with the Curve products. Their 1 lb jars are always completely full.

I am 12 months into transition.

By texturizer-like effect I mean this stuff lays my hair down and makes the waves come out. And if I put in on a strand of my 4a hair, the curl gets really elongated like a 3b curl. I think the "Knot Today" alone is enough for this effect.

caligirl said:

By texturizer-like effect I mean this stuff lays my hair down and makes the waves come out. And if I put in on a strand of my 4a hair, the curl gets really elongated like a 3b curl. I think the "Knot Today" alone is enough for this effect.

Well, I might just be tempted to transition too if I can get less shrinkage with a simple wash n' go AND have natural hair. :)

This is temptation. I was going to order oyin but I might have to get this too. So many of you here are trying this and my mother too just independently sent me the link to the site. :ohwell:

caligirl said:

I am wondering how much can be attributed to the product and how much to the relaxed ends weighing the hair down. Does the hair (4a) that you applied it to still have any relaxed ends? The ends can weigh the hair down and stretch it out more so that it hangs. That's what mine did when I was natural. After cutting the relaxed ends off, it shrunk up to nothing when it airdried.

CurlyCrly said:
I am wondering how much can be attributed to the product and how much to the relaxed ends weighing the hair down. Does the hair (4a) that you applied it to still have any relaxed ends? The ends can weigh the hair down and stretch it out more so that it hangs. That's what mine did when I was natural. After cutting the relaxed ends off, it shrunk up to nothing when it airdried.

LOL at shrinks down to nothing. I put the product on the baby hairs around my face which is all natural. Its just as nappy as the rest of my hair (4a) so I'm thinking this will work for my whole head.

Thanks again! :)

I wonder if anyone on LHCF who is all natural has tried these products? I know Divine is, but she doesn't have the products. ;)

It looks like it will be tough to get them....you all are buying them all up from everyone else. :lol:

I love this product! :love: It did everything Shelly said it would do. My hair is currently about 7.5 inches long, with the back and sides being curly, the entire crown wavy. As such, I usually get 50% shrinkage on the back and sides and about 20% shrinkage in the crown area. But with K-C products, my shrinkage on back and sides was reduced to about 40%. I'm sure that as my hair grows longer, my curls will be more elongated due to the weight of longer hair, for even less shrinkage and better results. I highly recommend this product line. See information below to view pics of my results.

There's a definite difference between picture #6 (wash n' go with oyin) and picture #10 with the kinky-curly. Looks good! :)

Which product(s) did you use?

CurlyCrly said:
There's a definite difference between picture #6 (wash n' go with oyin) and picture #10 with the kinky-curly. Looks good! :)

Which product(s) did you use?
Thanks CC. I used the Knot Today and Jojoba Jelly with a touch of Curling Custard.

Back