3 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I am in, I use AfroVeda Products as well as My Powders & Oils, so this is wonderful, I still use my Suave Conditioner w,Coconut milk & Honey added! I don't have a Regimen down because I do things as I feel, so no set time, but I am Ayurvedic with all of you!!

Maybe you can make a tea. If you have a coffee pot that you are no longer using you can put the powders into a coffee filter and brew like you are making coffee. Then, put on hair in shower and massage and rinse.
Not sure if that would work but sounds like a good suggestion.

[q uote=Hot Chocolate-LB;6322547]Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this challenge but I have braids. Is there a regimen in which I could incorporate the powders and have it work with my current style? If anyone has any suggestions I am so with it!!!!
[/quote]

Hi PB,

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I will try making the tea. I'm also using MT and I can add the oils to the mix. This is one reason why I love the LHCF someone always has a good suggestion!!!

Count me in the challenge!!

I am also gonna try to make my powders into a Tea because It is really hard rinsing all that powder out of my daughters hair and mine as well, I mean we sit there all dadgum day rinsing and still have paste in the hair. I am going to the Dollar Store and get me a cheap coffee pot to use!

I'm in!

I will Ayurveda wash 2x week and massage scalp with oils daily...

my reggie is...

-pre-poo with coconut oil and scritch my scalp with a my shikakai jojoba, tree jojoba oil. which removes build up from the scalp.

-I will do a powder wash 2x a week or powder 1x a week and on the other wash day use either my homemade ayurvedic liquid poo or homemade ayurvedic poo bar.

- rinse out powder and then co-wash with AO condish

- do a DC mixed with vatilka oil and fenugreek

- moisturize my hair with a homemade brahmi mix/spritz and seal with vatika oil or my homemade vedic whipped butter creme.

Once a month I will straighten my hair using salon products so during that week I will just stick to the ayurvedic head massages.

I'm in,this is the perfect challenge for me!

Wash 2x's a week:
Day 1
1.Prepoo w/ bringraj oil
2. Wash with Shikakai bar
or
a tea consisting of a combination of any one of these powders: Amla, Yellow Sandalwood, Neem, Tulsi or Brahmi.
3. Deep con w/ Aubry organics Honeysuckle Rose

Day 2
1.Oil wash w/ Amla oil
2.Condish w/ Aubry organics Honeysuckle Rose (if needed)

Daily massage w/ Vatika

Keeping it simple.

Last edited:
Please count me in. I've been doing Ayurvedic hair care since before I joined LHCF. I've seen some good results and I'm glad to see more interest in it here.

My basic reggie is weekly wash with a combination of powders that always includes shikakai, amla, and brahmi using the straight off the box paste method. I may add other things if the mood strikes, like Godrej Nupur or (if I can ever find them) one of the blended Hesh powders. If I am pinched for time, I use a Godrej shikakai, amla, and bhringraj shampoo bar. I pre-poo with either Vatika or Ramtirth oil. I use HairVeda Sitrinillah DC and moisturize daily with either Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Buttercream or Amla and Olive Heavy Cream or with Products of the Earth Herbal Hair Revitalizer. The Products of the Earth has a wide range of useful Ayurvedic extracts.

Happy experimenting everyone!

I'd like to join this challenge. I've heard about Ayurveda. I'll check out the powders and the oiks tomorrow. I hope I can find them.

I'll join. I have to do a starting pic and add it. I will also be doing Henna every four weeks as soon as I get it. Here is my routine....

oil and massage the night before tea rinse
(Vatika and/or Amla)

tea rinse 2X weekly
(1 part Shikakai, 2 parts Amla, 1 part Brahmi and 2 parts Bhringraj powders)

Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer Daily and Vatika cream to seal

My Regimen:

• Pre-poo once every 5-7 das overnight with Amla Oil

• Apply Tea and leave on 1 hour

• Wash out with conditioner

• DC with ORS Replenishing Conditioner

• Hairveda Whipped Cream, Vatika Frosting and style

• Moisturize with Hairveda Whipped Cream nightly

Starting Pics:
Soaking Wet Hair (b4 product and combing
100_2023.jpg

Damp Hair (after product and combing)
100_2031.jpg

Thanks for Joining me Ladies!

Last edited:
I wanna join BUT do I hafta use powders? Can I just stick with the oils? Plzzzzzzz:look:

ETA: I just read the rules *backing out of thread slowly* LOL

These were taken today on completely dry, somewhat shrunken hair with rosewater and emu oil in it. AND WE'RE OFF!:cowgirl: LET'S GROW!

Attachments

• DSCN0903.jpg
    DSCN0903.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN0905.jpg
    DSCN0905.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 5
Okay, here's a starting pic. I haven't straightened my hair since Late Oct/early Nov (can't remember) and don't plan on it any time soon, so I'll do ponytail comparisons :grin:
DSC01638-vi.jpg

I want to join too. This is right on time I just started a personal ayurvedic challenge last week.

My reggie is:

Sunday- Massage Hesh brand Bhringraj oil into scalp and leave in until next wash.

Monday- add my sesame oil mix made with bhringraj, brahmi, amla, neem, hibiscus(rosa-senensis), jatamansi and shikakai and Redken Butter Treat to hair as needed.

Tues- Massage Ancient Formulae brand Shikakai oil in scalp as a pree poo and leave in overnight.

Wed- Wash hair w/ Hair One, rinse and add Mega-tek to scalp for 5 min. Rinse out and add sesame oil mix and comb thru. Add Redken Butter Treat and brush hair back into ponytail. Massage in Ancient Formulae brand Mahabhringaraj oil before bed and leave in overnight.

Thurs- Add sesame oil mix and Butter Treat as needed.

Fri- Same as Thurs.

Sat- Rinse hair and add Mega-tek. Leave in 5 min and rinse out. Add sesame oil mix and Butter Treat. Pull hair back into ponytail and coat ends w/ LTR leave-in before protective styling hair into bun.

I use Tresemme shampoo for dry hair with a bit of baking soda once a month to cut down on buildup. I also take bhringraj, brahmi, ashwagandha and neem internally.

OOOOk. Tonight, I massaged with bhringaraj and did an amla/brahmi tea...:blush: my hair is so doggone soft it's scary! **sigh**

I HAVE YET TO FIND MY POWDERS WILL SEARCH THIS WEEKEND I WILL START WITH A
PREE POO OR AMLA/COCONUT MIX AND USE THE SHIKAKAI BAR ONCE FOLLOWED BY A DC DURING THE WEEK OIL WASH AMLA/OLIVE FOLLOWED BY A CO WASH MAY UPDATE NEXT WEEK DEPENDING ON WHAT I FIND

can i join please?? i use brahmi oil and amla oil, i just ordered brahmi powder and a powder mix of brahmi, shik, amla, and bhring. from ebay.

what do you guys think about the water paste?
i have tired rinses last year, but it caused my hair to break off because i wasnt rinsing enough. With a paste i can tell if its all out but it gets clumpy and dry when im applying.
I tried making paste out of powder and oil but it clumps. Im wondering if make a thin paste or runny paste will work?

can i join please?? i use brahmi oil and amla oil, i just ordered brahmi powder and a powder mix of brahmi, shik, amla, and bhring. from ebay.

what do you guys think about the water paste?
i have tired rinses last year, but it caused my hair to break off because i wasnt rinsing enough. With a paste i can tell if its all out but it gets clumpy and dry when im applying.
I tried making paste out of powder and oil but it clumps. Im wondering if make a thin paste or runny paste will work?

Did you oil your hair first? What was your mixture?

Funny thing happened today... I dropped my digital camera and guess what? It broke! Right before my 1 year anniversary of being natural this Saturday :nono: I'll just have to improvise I guess.

Anyway, I oiled my hair and scalp with Himani Navratna Oil, then rinsed out with my Heenara powder as a tea. I did it with my Gevalia coffee maker, but kept wondering what was taking the tea so long from cooling off. Duh... the way the coffee pot is made, it's designed to do that.

This was the first time I got my hair wet while in twists. My hair loved it and looks great! I may do this everyday before I go to work :yep:

I'm heading to my local Indian store tomorrow for some rose water and more powders :grin:

Prepoo/scritch w/CoCasta Oil, henna gloss w/fenugreek, rose water, amla & shilakai oil added. Moisturized w/Qhemet AOHC, sealed w/Vatika oil.

This is all I've got since I am now a camera-less child :ohwell:

First pic is a sad attempt at flat-ironing a section of hair; the second pic is what my hair looks like after a shake and go. It is dry in this picture...

Attachments

• flatironedhair 050.jpg
    flatironedhair 050.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 9
  • novemberprogress 024.jpg
    novemberprogress 024.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 12
Back