3 Inches for 1 million dollars!

Phoenix said:
How could I forget prayer? I pray for my hair to grow all the time. Does that make me shallow? Well, the bible says "You have not because you ask not"

Amen to that Sista!
I had a friend from my church w/ gorgeous relaxed hair...so I asked her what her regime was and even though I know she takes good care of them locks - she said som' like - 'conditioner & prayer'. I believe she prayed for her hair b4 she went to bed or something.
Bytheby - she wasn't being sketchy she hooked me up w/ her hairdresser(during that brief time when I quickly found out relaxers were not for me :ohwell:)

Hey isis What is a yoga scalp massage?
thanks

Isis said:
Exercise
Exercise every day for 30 + minutes (walking and yoga)
Do yoga shoulder stands (or head stands) every day to nourish hair follicles
Do yoga scalp massages daily and nightly

Food
Increase kelp, blue-green algae (spirulina) and other sea vegetables (seaweeds) every day
Increase proteins by eating more eggs daily and drinking two protein smoothies each day :lick:
Eat lots of fresh, green veggies
Drink carrot juice daily (2 ounces or more)
Drink 1/2 one's weight in ounces of water daily

Vitamins
Grapeseed extract
Vitamin C, B-complex 100, B-12, PABA
Iron

maryj1584 said:
Hey isis What is a yoga scalp massage?
thanks
Hello Maryj1584, its a simple one where you gently get some hair close to the scalp with both hands and move the scalp up and down 25 times. This exercise or asana has a name, I'll see if I can find the thread....
ETA:

"Richard Hittleman's Yoga 28 Day Exercise Plan", a great book, by the way!
Scalp Exercise

For the Healthy Appearance of Your Hair

1) Sit in cross-legged posture. Grasp hair firmly at roots.
2) Make scalp move as much as possible, first forward, then backward by pulling vigorously.
3) Perform rhythmically and not too quickly 25 times without pause. Relax.
4) At conclusion of movements scalp should tingle and feel "alive"."

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=12591&page=6&highlight=unconventional

I bumped the thread also.

Last edited:
Exercise religiously, up the protein as well as the water intake. Do absolutely NOTHING to my hair except shampoo once a week and braid it up

alexei said:
Isis,
What has grapeseed extract done for you in the past? HHG.
Alexei, grapeseed extract strengthens the immune system and promotes hair growth. I posted an article about grapeseed extracts's affect on our hair. I'll see if I can find it. :fan:

Since I've always been taking it (at least since LHCF) along with the other things I do, I don't know what exactly it has done except I'm always in very good health. I'm certain it is helping my hair too.

ETA: Here it is:

Is anyone taking Grape Seed Extract for their hair growth? I just learned that it accelerates hair growth among many other benefits. I was researching something else and stumbled upon Grape Seed Extract, which I took about 1 1/2 years ago for a cold and it got rid of it very quickly by giving my immune system a great boost. I wasn't thinking about hair growth then and didn't continue taking it. I'm on the vitamin challenge but I'm putting this on my list right now! (I'm looking for my old bottle too!)

I found this tidbit just now but there is much more information on the website.

Grape Seed Extract: Procyanidin oligomers are naturally derived ingredients from grape seeds that have been shown to stimulate hair growth similarly to Minoxidil (Rogaine®). Recent studies by Japanese scientists have shown that grape seed extracts possess growth stimulation activity toward hair cells. These studies suggest that the active components of grape seeds inhibit the destruction of collagen structures leading to greater overall health of the tiny capillaries that supply energy to the body’s tissues including hair.
Grape seed is available in capsules, tablets, and fluid extracts. Look for products that are standardized to 95% OPC content

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=207137&highlight="grape+seed+extract"#post207137

Last edited:
chellee said:
I would walk around in a shower cap 24/7 removing it only to reapply a creamy leave-in or moisturizer with protein every night and rinse hair every 3-4 days.

hahahhaha i did it daily :lachen: with the mtg put daily 24/7 in a cap for four full months and grew 6-7inches from bald head :lachen: :lachen: even going out i had my shower cap and a scarf anyhere. i just cool out a lil bit cause i had to go out with the holidays now it s been 7months in places its 8inches some i cant measure properly. i havent used mtg in more than 2 month, neither biotin, msm and my superior stuff i m going back to the baggy with a vengeance:lachen: but i did manage to get 2" a month with shower cap 24/7 and mtg daily and cowash every 3 days

WOW!!! :woot:
Let's just say I shall be investing in a shower cap very soon.
How did you manage to pull of a shower cap in public? Did you wear a hat over your scarve?
Also did the shower cap cover the very potent stench known as mtg? :bud:
TIA Ekomba

ekomba said:
hahahhaha i did it daily :lachen: with the mtg put daily 24/7 in a cap for four full months and grew 6-7inches from bald head :lachen: :lachen: even going out i had my shower cap and a scarf anyhere. i just cool out a lil bit cause i had to go out with the holidays now it s been 7months in places its 8inches some i cant measure properly. i havent used mtg in more than 2 month, neither biotin, msm and my superior stuff i m going back to the baggy with a vengeance:lachen: but i did manage to get 2" a month with shower cap 24/7 and mtg daily and cowash every 3 days

This is a funny thread...

In addition to my current regimen, I'd:

MTG 3 times a day instead of once a week
Drink gallons of water every day
Take 2 multi's and 2 nourishair pills each day
Exercise like my life depended on it-- run 15 miles a day! :eek:
Eat NOTHING but protein-- shakes, fish, beans, etc
Miosturize, moisturize, moisturize to retain length
DC every 3 days
Sleep with a shower cap
Co-wash every other day

Whew! Just typing this has me tired! (Or maybe it's just time for me to go to bed?)

no combs or brushes
MTG
plastic baggie
scalp massages
double my vitamin intake
hight protein diet
fruit and vegetables
sea vegetables
I would try to sleep upside down

alexei said:
WOW!!! :woot:
Let's just say I shall be investing in a shower cap very soon.
How did you manage to pull of a shower cap in public? Did you wear a hat over your scarve?
Also did the shower cap cover the very potent stench known as mtg? :bud:
TIA Ekomba

Hey Alexei yeah what i did on top of the shower cap i put a satin bonnet and on top it i put a lovely scarf and would go out in public i was in it 24/7. until after 4 months all my friends complained that my hair was never styled but i would just wear a scarf they thought i was going bald:lol: . for the smell in fact i notice that if i leave the shower cap overnight and in the morning take it out for lets say 20mns to let things evaporate then spray african braid spray to make it smell better or rinse the cornrows than 30mns later reapply my plastic cap and cover it again with bonnet and scarf i would not smell. it smells less the next day. but now i really understand cause i kept everything i grew , grew way more and the hair never broke.

Whoa! I just peeped your album ekomba, and it is truly impressive! In fact, i saw your hair at the beginning of your journey - so I know its tha truth:)
You've given me the courage to step up my game plan.

:sekret: I secretly plan on getting to waistlength this year as well. I haven't told anyone because I didn't want to be laughed at :look:
Just figured I'd wait for my big reveal around XMas, where my hair is in a silky press-n-curl that flows over the curves of my gorgeous red silk dress.
Its the dream that keeps me going.
Grow Hair Grow!! :woot:

Thank you sooooooo much ladies for your responses.
I've incorporated some of your techniques.
My regime would be:
Hair:
Baggie 24/7 (or at least when I'm home)
Apply - sulfer/eo/surge woojee cream mix daily
Wash and deep condition 1x a week

Vitamins:
2-3 Nioxin daily
1 GNC Ultra Mega
Silica
Foti
Vitol Great Hair Vitamin

Diet:
At least 7 glasses of water w/ lime squeezed in (Thanks Sylver :) )
Organic Diet
100g of protein (no supplements)
- Lots of eggs and fish

Exercise - Exercise at 1hr every day - Running

Also get my required 9 hr of sleep - can't hurt my hair :)

In fact I will officially start my million dollar challenge in March.

Back