2x A Week DCs - Who Does This?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Is there anyone out there that DCs their hair twice a week? What is your experience and why do you do it? How long each time and with what products?

I am trying to figure out whether its worth it for me to add another DC into my regimen or not.

Let's talk about this.

i dont...mainly because i cowash nearly everyday and moisturize every day so i think my hair gets enough moisture throughout the week for me to only need to DC once a week...and i like to DC overnight so i think that might make my hair overly moisturized if i did it 2x a week.

I heard of some people doing it during the winter...

I was thinking about doing it a couple of days ago

the more intense DC with my cocktail and under the steamer on Sundays

and another quick DC as rinse conditioner (like 5-7 mins) while oil rinsing mid-week...

I figure I might do this when I wear wash n goes more when it gets warm to prevent my hair from drying out from gels, and I can usually only get 3 days out of them...

Only if I did something new that requires more moisture or protein.
Examples
-when I use henna I have to DC more often the first couple of weeks until my moisture balance is back
-back when I used aphogee 2 step as an intense protein treatment. My hair would need more frequent DCs to get my moisture balance back

^^^IA with Foxglove. I've been DCing twice a week since I put dye in my hair. Before, I had no need.
did you automatically start DCing 2x a week after you colored, or did you have some negative effects from the dye that made you start DCing more often?

I DC twice a week because my hair tends to be dry. I use a thermal hair wrap, from once it's first heated, until it is no longer warm. I usually DC with either BEE•U•Ti• FUL Moisturizing Deep Conditioner or Curl Junkie Curl Rehab hair treatment. Although I havent seen an increase growth as of yet, I do find my hair easier to comb and not as dry.

In the Summer I tend to bump my DC'ing up to twice a week. Will try to make time to do this again this summer.:yep:

I did my Normal Regimen. (Co-Wash or Co-Cleanse, Reconstruct, DC w/Heat). I usually did it on Monday/Friday OR Tuesday/Saturday.

Same Amount of time per each DC'ing Session.:yep:

after reading the responses i think i might consider DCing more often now esp. b/c i just colored my hair.

I used to DC 2-3 times a week while I was transitioning to keep my new growth moisturized, soft, and manageable. After I BC'd I went to just once a week. I just started DCing 2x a week - one for moisture and I added a protein DC b/c I'm experiencing more breakage than I care to see. I DC both times as long as I feel like - minimum 15 min but usually 30min - 1 hour.

I DC two times a week. I DC overnight. I also cowash almost daily. I have not had a issue with too much moisture.

I do!:wavey: I'm actually under the dryer rat now doing a protein dc. Around Wednesday or Thursday, I'll do a moisturizing dc. I usually sit under the dryer for 20 minutes.

I have naturally dry hair, plus I just love doing my hair. I also cowash 2-3x a week depending on my workout schedule. My hair soaks up moisture and never gets mushy.

Oh! I use Motions CPR for my protein dc and Nexxus Humectress for my moisturizing dc.

Me,My hair loves the deep conditioning treatments on wednesday and saturday keeps my hair moisturized.

did you automatically start DCing 2x a week after you colored, or did you have some negative effects from the dye that made you start DCing more often?

Negative effects. My hair was breaking. I have to do a lot to my hair to keep the breakage at the level it was pre-dye (which was little to none): DC twice weekly, prepoo EVERY TIME, oil rinse with every wash, cut my sulfate shampoo usage (I love the squeaky clean feeling I get from sulfate shampoos), moisturize everyday.

I had planned on upping my DC before I dyed, but once I dyed I realized I didn't have a choice. But I don't cowash. I'm only wetting my hair once more per week than I did before.

I shampoo and DC twice per week. I'm in the Cathy Howse Challenge. I've had nothing but good results.

See this is why I haven't started DC-ing 2X a week. I regularly workout and co-wash in between.

Thats a good approach. Its often easier to tend to your hair as it needs tending to oppose to trying to schedule in extra stuff that probably wont stick in the long run.:yep:

I used to DC twice a week. That really turned my hair around. If I wasn't so many weeks post where my hair could handle the manipulation-- I would revisit for a couple of months.

I do. But please be careful to listen to your hair and its needs. I find that my hair gets very limp if I don't do a protein mask, too, so I try not to DC 2xs if it is not entirely necessary.

Back