2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

This wasn't bad. It was good. My hair felt stronger after using it but not as moisturized as I would have liked. I think if I add an oil or honey it would be really nice. Sorry took so long to reply.
@sexypebbly
I had to scroll back to see what I asked you. :laugh:.......:eek:

Thank you. :yep:

Doesn't Fenugreek strengthen? Do you think you should have followed up with a Moisturizing DC'er? Will you treat this as a Protein or Strengthening Treatment?

I just finished browsing through this thread and I'd like to join this challenge. I just started getting into Ayurveda and DIY products so I'm all over the place, lol.

I've done a few tea rinses and experimented with different combinations of herbs like marshmallow root, fenugreek, licorice root and horsetail.

I tried deep conditioning with a 2 tsps of amla and brahmi, which was pretty messy so I'm not sure that I'll do that again. But if you ladies have any advice on doing this without having the product just flake off, I'd appreciate it.

I currently have ACV infusing with rosemary, horsetail, marshmallow root, hibiscus flower, elderflower and licorice root. After a few weeks of infusing, I plan to use it for ACV rinses.

I'm also infusing Coconut and Olive oil in Amla, Brahmi, fenugreek and elderflower, which should be done around the same time as the ACV.

After reading up on this thread, I see a lot of you are doing clay washes, which I've been unsure about. But I'm sure at some point, I'll jump in on that and start sampling with them too. Where do you all purchase your bentonite, rhassoul and kaolin clays from? Is there one retailer that sells all three? And is anyone using sodium bentonite? After watching green beauty's video on bentonite clay, I assumed the sodium bentonite was better. But from what I can tell most people use the Aztec Indian Bentonite, which is calcium bentonite.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me, lol.

I have been doing 3 part water to 1 part ACV rinses prior to oil rinsing for the past two months. It makes my hair easier to detangling and scalp likes it (scalp is super picky/sensitive).

For the cheap folks who prefer the unpasteurized ACV for internal or food use, you can put a little of the good stuff into a bottle of the regular, pasteurized ACV. It will develop the mother; the speed of development depends on the amount of the good stuff used.

I had to curb the FRW because it made my hair too elastic. If I use it again, it will be mainly for scalp only.

Today Used:
Ginger Peach Kombucha ACV Rinse (Creme & Coco)
Fermented RW Rinse
Guava Leaf Tea Rinse

My Malva Flowers came yesterday. Will steep a Pot of Malva & Guava Leaf Tea for Tea Rinsing.

@sexypebbly
I had to scroll back to see what I asked you. :laugh:.......:eek:

Thank you. :yep:

Doesn't Fenugreek strengthen? Do you think you should have followed up with a Moisturizing DC'er? Will you treat this as a Protein or Strengthening Treatment?

@IDareT'sHair
Since you mention it, I do think i should of followed with a moisturizing dc. I would consider this a strengthening treatment.
Going to use green and black tea under my dc and as a final rinse.

I just finished browsing through this thread and I'd like to join this challenge. I just started getting into Ayurveda and DIY products so I'm all over the place, lol.

I've done a few tea rinses and experimented with different combinations of herbs like marshmallow root, fenugreek, licorice root and horsetail.

I tried deep conditioning with a 2 tsps of amla and brahmi, which was pretty messy so I'm not sure that I'll do that again. But if you ladies have any advice on doing this without having the product just flake off, I'd appreciate it.

I currently have ACV infusing with rosemary, horsetail, marshmallow root, hibiscus flower, elderflower and licorice root. After a few weeks of infusing, I plan to use it for ACV rinses.

I'm also infusing Coconut and Olive oil in Amla, Brahmi, fenugreek and elderflower, which should be done around the same time as the ACV.

After reading up on this thread, I see a lot of you are doing clay washes, which I've been unsure about. But I'm sure at some point, I'll jump in on that and start sampling with them too. Where do you all purchase your bentonite, rhassoul and kaolin clays from? Is there one retailer that sells all three? And is anyone using sodium bentonite? After watching green beauty's video on bentonite clay, I assumed the sodium bentonite was better. But from what I can tell most people use the Aztec Indian Bentonite, which is calcium bentonite.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me, lol.

Have you tried mixing your powders in a moisturizing conditioner with your preferred oil? I would usually mix my powders (amla, shikakai, neem, brahm, fenugreek) into a moisturizing conditione the day before I wash my hair so the powders are fully absorbed. Sometimes, I'll get a little fancy and add a small amount of ACV. Mix your ingredients, cover and let it sit overnight.

Before you wash, your powders will be fuly absorbed and you won't have to worry about those pesky grains left in your hair. I had that happen one time and I had to,blow dry my hair to get them out.

Have you tried mixing your powders in a moisturizing conditioner with your preferred oil? I would usually mix my powders (amla, shikakai, neem, brahm, fenugreek) into a moisturizing conditione the day before I wash my hair so the powders are fully absorbed. Sometimes, I'll get a little fancy and add a small amount of ACV. Mix your ingredients, cover and let it sit overnight.

Before you wash, your powders will be fuly absorbed and you won't have to worry about those pesky grains left in your hair. I had that happen one time and I had to,blow dry my hair to get them out.

Thanks, ThatJerseyGirl! I'll have to try that the next time I use amla powder in my deep conditioner. I think I want to include the fenugreek seeds too. People seem to be raving about their hair growth benefits, which has me wanting to give it a try. I found this fenugreek hair mask on youtube that looks pretty good, I'll just be adding my deep conditioner and amla instead of the yogurt she added. I will report back once I've done it to let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks, ThatJerseyGirl! I'll have to try that the next time I use amla powder in my deep conditioner. I think I want to include the fenugreek seeds too. People seem to be raving about their hair growth benefits, which has me wanting to give it a try. I found this fenugreek hair mask on youtube that looks pretty good, I'll just be adding my deep conditioner and amla instead of the yogurt she added. I will report back once I've done it to let you guys know how it goes.

They have the Fenugreek powder also if you want to mix that in with your conditioner. There are just so many different ways you can incorporate the powders and not have to be bothered with those grains.

For example, I'll heat my powders on a very low flame and I do mean low. Then I'll add coconut oil just to warm up. I may get it going with just a slight boil for a minute. Next, I'll add that mixture powder, oil and all into some conditioner and mix it that way along with some coconut milk, depending on how I am feeling. That is another way to get away from those grains also. The coconut milk is rather slimy in texture, so when you go to rinse, it'll glide right off of your strands. Also, coconut milk is great for hair as well. Some use it to mix with henna, via youtube.

Let me know how it works out for you.

They have the Fenugreek powder also if you want to mix that in with your conditioner. There are just so many different ways you can incorporate the powders and not have to be bothered with those grains.

For example, I'll heat my powders on a very low flame and I do mean low. Then I'll add coconut oil just to warm up. I may get it going with just a slight boil for a minute. Next, I'll add that mixture powder, oil and all into some conditioner and mix it that way along with some coconut milk, depending on how I am feeling. That is another way to get away from those grains also. The coconut milk is rather slimy in texture, so when you go to rinse, it'll glide right off of your strands. Also, coconut milk is great for hair as well. Some use it to mix with henna, via youtube.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Thank you for this!! I've been noticing coconut milk mentioned in many Ayurvedic hair mask recipes and it's on my must try list. I just added your fenugreek powder instructions to my hair journal. Thank you and I'll report back on how it goes.

Back