2016 Use Up The Stash Challenge

Washed, did a protein treatment and DCd. Trying to use up the Naturelle Grow Herbal Blend. I think I still have 2 to 3 uses left.

Used up a bottle of KBB Hair Blossom Mist. I got out my next to last bottle. When they are all gone I don't know if I'll order more from target.com (I hate the thought of ordering hair products) or try something new I can find otg. I LOVE this spray. sigh

Used up a bottle of Curl Magic. Half a almost empty jar of KCCC. Going to hit that next wash day.

1. Creme of Nature Leave-in
2. Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends DC
3. 1 jar of Kinky Curly Curling Custard
4. 1 bottle of Curl Magic - 8/25/16
5. KBB Butter
6. Teraveda Organix Mud
7. Teraveda Organix Twist Creme
8. Teraveda Organix Quinoa Deep Conditioner
9. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
10. KBB Pomade

DD used up Eden Bodyworks Hair Balm. I immediately replaced. I think on my inventory post I won't mark staples that are immediately replaced gray for used up or red for purchased. They will always be on the list.

I read one too many bad reviews around here for Camille Rose Curlaide. I returned it to Target. I forgot that mess was $17! We'll just stick to what DD already loves and is way cheaper, Cantu Argan Leave In.

Wash day today. I cowashed with the Teraveda quinoa conditioner. I think I have 4 more uses of this. If I use this every other week I can use it up by November. I used the Creme of Nature leave-in. I probably have 3 more uses of this so it should be gone by the end of September. I used the Teraveda Pomade. I'm not close to using this up but will continue to use it on my ends. I sealed with the KBB Hydrating Cream. I really like this product. I'm going to use this up to reduce my stash but I will purchase this when my hair grows out. I probably have 4 more uses of this. I twisted my hair with KCCC. I have 1 or 2 more uses of this.

I may wash again on Monday.

Used up a Sarenzo Pumpkin DC w/Protein.

Pulled some stuff out the deep freezer to use and it was separated and after thawing and mixing still didn't seem to work the same. New goal of reducing and eventually having no products in the freezer.

Yesterday, I used up TVO Apple Cleanser, Oyin Hair Dew & SSI Okra.

Since I have found styles that last a week, I haven't been doing my midweek CWs lately and that has slowed down my disposal. But this is my last month wearing my hair out, so I will be back to my midweek CWs next month.

This weekend I got rid of two products, my Trader res Tea Tree Tingle conditioner and the Mane Choice Conditioner. For my list, I've eliminated what I've completed so far. I started out with around 38 items so I'm happy with the progress.

Bed Head:

Dumb Blonde Shampoo
Dumb Blonde Conditioner
Color Goddess Deep Conditioner

Redken:
Color Extend Shampoo
Color Extend Conditioner

Obia Naturals:
Babassu Deep Conditioner
Twist Whip Butter
Coconut Shea Shampoo Bar

Qhemet Biologics:
Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Aethiopika Twist Butter (2x)

The Mane Choice:
3-1 Revitalize Conditioner
Detangling hydration Shampoo
1 bottles of Manetabolism vitamins (finished one bottle 8/23)

Shescentit:
Murumuru & Avocado Hair Butter
Honey and Castor Softening Balm
Sugar Peach Conditioner
Avocado Conditioner
Defining Gel

Eden Body Works:
Cleansing Cowash
Uncle Funky Daughter: Curly Magic Gel

Last edited:
Mudwashed yesterday. I prepooed with Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends. I still have one more use left. I used the Creme of Nature Leave-in. I either have 1 or 2 uses of that left. I twisted up with the Teraveda Organix Twist Creme. I have at least 3 uses but probably 4.

I may rinse again tonight to get more moisture into my hair.

Mudwashed again but just used KCCC to twist up. I finished off 1 jar and started on the 2nd. I plan to mud or water rinse every 2 to 4 days so I should roll through this jar of KCCC pretty quickly.

While I'm mudding I'm going to focus on gels and conditioners. I may use the pomades on the ends of my twist.

1. Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends DC
2. 1 jar of Kinky Curly Curling Custard
3. Teraveda Organix Mud
4. Teraveda Organix Quinoa Deep Conditioner
5. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
6. Teraveda Organix Butter

I keep saying I'm gonna take inventory and I still need to!

Off the top of my head I have 2 shampoos, 2 regular conditioners, 2 deep conditioners, 3 leave ins (one has maybe a week left of uses) and about 5 or 6 styling aids (foam, gels, Curl puddings)...

I also have a box dye that I plan on using in the near future... yikes lol. Thank goodness my hair is short though becauseif I onto like it, I'll just cut it again lol

I wash my hair probably twice a week. And I don't mean cowash, I mEan full shampoo and condition wash... And my hair looks pretty great!

Used up a Phyto PhytoKeratine Reparative Serum. The end of the quarter is coming soon. I hope to finish up four and two possibles either before or just after.

ETA I also finished up a sample of Aveda Glossing Straightener that was not on my list, but I still want to feel good about finishing it so I'm posting it.

Last edited:
Cowashed on Friday with Teraveda Organix Quinoa Conditioner. I twisted up with KCCC. I have two more uses of this gel. I meant to use it tonight but I didn't take it out of my suitcase before hopping in the shower. I twisted up with the As I Am gel instead. I'm going to keep using the As I Am gel and hold onto the rest of the KCCC for later to compare with my other gels.

Back