2016 Challenge - Cowash, Cocleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

Finger Detangled with: VO5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner
Cleansed with: Claudie's Jojoba Cleansing Conditioner
Final R/O: SSI's Sugar Peach Conditioner

Last edited:
I'd like to join @rileypak ! I was so hot and sweaty today that I had to cowash when I showered, and just like that, I'm back to cowashing and wet bunning. At least until the fall. I will still rollerset for any events or when I don't feel like bothering with my hair daily.

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Grazing crack-a-lackin
3) Ultimate hair length: I'm not actively growing my hair out anymore
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Soft, moisturized hair with minimal SSKs
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: I will still shampoo my scalp weekly. I only cowash the length of my hair and I don't purposefully get the conditioner on my scalp. When I cowash I section my hair in four sections, get each section wet in the shower, apply a generous amount of conditioner, run a shower comb through the section. When all sections are complete I shower my body. Next, I take down one half of my hair and smush all the excess water and conditioner out of it. I do two flat twists and get out of the shower. I put a microfiber towel on my hair for about 10 minutes and then pin the twists to the opposite side of my hair so I can keep them stretched under my bonnet overnight.
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 5 or 6 times, with 1 shampoo a week
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: I use a lot of conditioner, so cheap products. Definitely Herbal Essences Long-Term Relationship conditioner. I'll also pick up a Pantene conditioner with some protein.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Nothing!
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1 time a week
10) List shampoo: Pureology Hydrating Shampoo

Ugh my hair feels like butter this morning. It's still pretty damp so I got my wet bun with no dripping down my neck! I need to experiment with gels to smooth down my edges.

I'm doing some preliminary research on finding a drugstore conditioner with protein. Why are all the labels a lie??? They will be "strengthening conditioners" with not a single protein or strengthening ingredient. Like, not ONE.

Cowashed with herbal essences the past two nights. Since I'm home this weekend I did some peeking in my mom's hair stash and found the aphogee green tea keratin spray. I sprayed my hair with it this morning and then put my hair up in a bun. Hoping this will leave me with balanced hair so I don't have to find a protein cheapie conditioner.

Either way I'm taking the spray with me when I go home. :abducted:

Cowashed with herbal essences the past two nights. Since I'm home this weekend I did some peeking in my mom's hair stash and found the aphogee green tea keratin spray. I sprayed my hair with it this morning and then put my hair up in a bun. Hoping this will leave me with balanced hair so I don't have to find a protein cheapie conditioner. Either way I'm taking the spray with me when I go home. :abducted:
@toaster
OOOooooo I'm tellin':giggle:

Hi All

Would like to join this challenge, here goes:

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: WL 23 inches
3) Ultimate hair length: HL 25-26 inches
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
Healthly hair
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: weekly oil rinsing c/w, monthly clay wash with deep conditioning, head massages after cleansing
6) Number of times per week you will do this: weekly oil rinsing c/w, monthly hair clay wash with monthly head massages
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: conditions for c/w (Tresemme Botanique silicone-free range/Garnier Ultimate Blends VOO no-parabens range/Kind Natured free from sulphates, paragons & petrochemicals/GUD no paragons, phthalates or petrochemicals range), oil rinsing (sunflower oil), deep conditioning shea butter, aloe vera, vegetable glycerin and coconut oil mix
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Head massages, black seed oil
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: I do use shampoo my hair, I find this very drying for my hair I only use clay wash cleansing, I find this far more gentler on my hair
10) List shampoo: multani mati clay which I mix with some rose water or aloe vera juice and a tablespoon of olive oil

Thanks

Last edited:
Finger Detangle with: Treasured Locks Knot No More Detangler

Cleansed with: Claudie's Jojoba Cleansing Conditioner. Final R/O - CJ's Smoothing Conditioner.

Hi cowashing ladies! I'm getting in my groove.

Still nightly cowashing with herbal essences, flat twisting over night, and then bunning in the morning.

@IDareT'sHair the airport security took my (okay fine, my mom's) aphogee spray so I had to buy my own on Amazon.

I spritz my damp hair in the morning with the green tea and keratin leave in to give my hair some strength before I bun.

@toaster
Turrible.:eek: Now see don't you feel bad for "stealing"?:giggle:.....:jail:

ETA: I love your daily cowash regi. Please keep me posted on how that works for you. I am very intrigued.:scratchchin:
I will! I used to cowash daily but it's been so long I can't remember what my old regimen was. So far this is working out great. I make sure I run my comb through my hair every time I cowash so I don't have lots of shed hair built up.

My only concern is keeping my hair from getting too mushy. I'm natural and don't color my hair so I don't need protein that often, but with the constant wetting and putting moisturizing conditioners in my hair and leaving them in, I need to watch out.

My only concern is keeping my hair from getting too mushy. I'm natural and don't color my hair so I don't need protein that often, but with the constant wetting and putting moisturizing conditioners in my hair and leaving them in, I need to watch out.

@toaster
Good Point.:up:

*cough* I'm sure that Apoghee Green Tea will help you out.:nono2:

Soak under plastic cap on dry hair with: b.a.s.k. Whiskey-Vanilla Reparative Hair Soak
Will Cleanse with: Jessicurl Aloeba Daily Conditioner
Will use: CJ Smoothing Conditioner as a Final R/O

Back