2015 Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic, Powders/Clay, Challenge

Hello, I asked a question somewhere at the beginning of this thread asking if anyone makes their own conditioner? No one replied.

New question, however, please feel free to answer the top question if applies to you. I keep reading on the threads (general) about users adding bhrami, maka, amla, and hisbiscus powders to their DC. Is it important to use a DC with a certain type of protein in it, a little protein, or doesn't matter? If this is something you do, what type of DC do you use?

Leo24Rule

I have added alma, hibiscus, Bringraj, brahmi, and cassia to conditioner. Not all at one time. I will usually just use one powder. If I use two, the second is usually hibiscus since it doesn't seem to have any negative side effects.

I have not used them with a protein conditioner. I don't use a lot of protein conditioners. Also, I want to add this to something that already has lots of slip.

Last edited:
Hope it is not to late to join in.

If not then here we go

Tea rinse: marshmallow, irish moss, burdock root, slippery elm and white willow bark

Clay: rhassoul and bentonite

henna and indigo

Spritzed my new growth with HH Refresher Coarse and moisturized the rest of my hair with QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream.This combo so far is working good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

Doing Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root, Pure Green Tea Rinse tomorrow.

And also a little Black Coffee Rinse

Both Rinses under Deep Conditioners

I want to participate in the YouTuber: Curly Proverbz Henna Growth Challenge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBGfWAr_tQs either as a tea, henna gloss, or full powder recipe.
For those of you who are Henna Heads, she recommends using body art. Is there truth to that? What type of Henna are ya'll using?

BAQ is the only way to go. No chemicals . Just the powdered leaves. Henna dyes are just that-peroxide based hair color with no benefits. I get baq from the Indian market, Mehendi.com, or Amazon.com.

:lol: Everywhere I go people say they smell maple and want pancakes lol. It's my braid spray I made with fenugreek and slippery elm bark. I think the APB Birthday Cake Ayurvedic Hair oil I put on my scalp this morning didn't help :lol:

I'm brewing fenugreek, black tea, and rooibos tea for a tea rinse later.

I'm pre-pooing with BRB Hair Chai Tea now.

I did a Black Coffee Rinse under my Cathy Howse DC'er (requires Heat)

I'm going to Steam with Green Tea under my DC'er - Huetiful Moisturizing DC'er

Will use LG's Green Magic after my Hair Dries

I did a Black Coffee Rinse under my Cathy Howse DC'er (requires Heat)

I'm going to Steam with Green Tea under my DC'er - Huetiful Moisturizing DC'er

Will use LG's Green Magic after my Hair Dries

This was a mistake.:blush: I have: Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm & Pure Green Tea Brewed.

Can I use a Cassia gloss bi-weekly and spritz with an Amla, Henna, and Shikakai concoction 3x a week? Or is that too much protein?
I was also thinking of using a Sukesh Ayurveda as my gloss from www.hennasooq.com which ingredients are: organic cassia obovata, organic amla, organic neem, organic aloe vera, organic tulsi, brahmi, bhringraj, shikakai.

Will do:
Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root & Green Tea Rinse Blend for tomorrow's wash day.

Really like this Combo. Not sure what I'll Brew up next?

Did Black Coffee under Cathy Howse UBH DC'er (under dryer)

Also Black Coffee under Curl Junkie's Repair Me (under dryer)

Will Steam with Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root and Green Tea under my DC'er

Spent an hour with kalpitone on my hair. Not noticeably darker yet, but will use regularly to see if it will cover the grays.

Duchess007

Nice Combo.:grin:

That Green Tea is the BOMB. :love:

Excellent to Stimulate Growth. Helps with Shedding.

I've been adding it to my various brews/blends as an Anchor and then build my blend around it.

Finally got this hendigo on. Will let it sit 2 or 3 hrs. Will shampoo it out with SM coconut hibiscus. Brewing a cup of bamboo tea for a tea and oil rinse (safflower and sunflower) to go up under my reconstructor SSI okra.

Last edited:
DarkJoy

Next time think I do my Henna I'll mix with Black Tea to see if I can darken the Color.

It's good to know Warm water worked fine too at releasing the dye.

DarkJoy

Next time think I do my Henna I'll mix with Black Tea to see if I can darken the Color.

It's good to know Warm water worked fine too at releasing the dye.

I bet a dark roast coffee would do well too. And yes, warm water is great for fast dye release.

For those that might want to bring down the red tones of henna, organic unsweetened cocoa powder makes a gorgeous brown (over 2 or 3 applications )

I bet a dark roast coffee would do well too. And yes, warm water is great for fast dye release.

For those that might want to bring down the red tones of henna, organic unsweetened cocoa powder makes a gorgeous brown (over 2 or 3 applications )

How much cocoa powder would you recommend using?

Back