2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like a buddy. I requested a buddy in September but still don't have one. That post describes my set back then and my hair is pretty much the same now. I will probably relax again on January 4. I usually stretch for about 14 weeks.

I finally made it BSL!!!! :grin:

Well there are a few hairs touching my bra so I am claiming it!!!! :dance7:
I need 2 inches to MBL and 5 to WL!!! I am going in!!! I know I should have waited but this revelation got me excited :woot:...I oiled my scalp with the LQ Green magic, went over it with some MTG and got the baggy on!!! I am getting so fancy, I even took my vitamins!!! I am going to be waist length by this summer!!!! :cowgirl:

:bouncy:

Congrats! I'm kinda jelly right now. I could be WL by the beginning of the new year..lol but I'm happy for u! Keep up the momentum!

I would like a buddy. I requested a buddy in September but still don't have one. That post describes my set back then and my hair is pretty much the same now. I will probably relax again on January 4. I usually stretch for about 14 weeks.

Hi! ChocolateCupcake You can join my team. We are all over the place and a few have decided to transition. I am a slow grower and am recovering from a detangling disaster that happened 6months ago. With the slow growing you know that seems like forever! I will be relaxing around mid January which will make me 7 months post. The last of my long stretches. After that it will be back to 16-20wks. MissyB Hyacinthe Angelinhell

I can alway get nice moisturized, smooth strands, when I mix: my reg DC, AVJ, honey, Roux Porosity Control conditioner EVOO and a ceramide rich oil. I then get under the steamer but if you don't have a steamer, your regular DC process will work. Don't use the Roux unless you have high porosity issues. I'm doing my post relaxer wash after 9 days and I am I'm lazy (as usual lately) and decided to DC over night with only Joico MR conditioner. Usually I do the above regimen with every DC, weekly. My ends were constantly feeling dry so if this doesn't do it, I'm going all in NEXT weekend. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I wanna do my hair so bad, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening. I am going to color dc, and air dry, so it can be fresh and fluffy friday. I don't want flat hair.

Babygrowth MissyB Angelinhell and our newest buddy Welcome! ChocolateCupcake I must say I am the worst buddy cuz I never check in, for this I apologize. Right about now I'm 16 weeks post and I am aiming for a 20 week stretch. I am so over my hair though cant wait to see my scalp again. I must admit though I just loooove playing in my NG. To all my girls who are transitioning let me know how it's going. I'm curious. To our newest member I hope we can help you in any way possible.

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

Babygrowth MissyB Angelinhell and our newest buddy Welcome! ChocolateCupcake I must say I am the worst buddy cuz I never check in, for this I apologize. Right about now I'm 16 weeks post and I am aiming for a 20 week stretch. I am so over my hair though cant wait to see my scalp again. I must admit though I just loooove playing in my NG. To all my girls who are transitioning let me know how it's going. I'm curious. To our newest member I hope we can help you in any way possible.

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

I know what you mean. I got braids just to see and feel my scalp because I wasn't ready to relax. Not rushing to relax rather. I've been MIA but we'll get it together!

I finally made it BSL!!!! :grin: Well there are a few hairs touching my bra so I am claiming it!!!! :dance7: I need 2 inches to MBL and 5 to WL!!! I am going in!!! I know I should have waited but this revelation got me excited :woot:...I oiled my scalp with the LQ Green magic, went over it with some MTG and got the baggy on!!! I am getting so fancy, I even took my vitamins!!! I am going to be waist length by this summer!!!! :cowgirl: :bouncy:
Claim it, girl! Work dat thang! Shake it like a Polaroid! LOL

Claim it, girl! Work dat thang! Shake it like a Polaroid! LOL

I was asking all kinds of foolish! My daughter was giving me that look like how many more pictures you are going to hurt your neck twisting around like that! I am a happy girl!!! I am under the steamer right now cause I am on a serious mission!!! Lets get it!!

klsjackson Mande30 Hello Buddies!!!! I relaxed last night with ORS no lye. It left some texture but that's cool with me. I'm going today to get a trim because it definitely need it. Hopefully I can this nape breakage under control. How are you ladies doing?

klsjackson Mande30 Hello Buddies!!!! I relaxed last night with ORS no lye. It left some texture but that's cool with me. I'm going today to get a trim because it definitely need it. Hopefully I can this nape breakage under control. How are you ladies doing?

I'm doing pretty good. My hair is growing and I think I have this porosity issue under control. Now, I want to work on regaining my thickness. I got a relaxer two weeks ago and I plan to stretch until late December, like after Christmas but before New Years. I will get a trim also. I'm glad you like the ORS, when I self relaxed I used ORS Lye. You will definitely get your nape under control, just give it some time and work your regimen. :yep:

Quick buddy check!

Is everyone in here buddied-up?

If anybobdy needs some buddies, please post so we can grab you! :grin:

sunnieb, I think I still need a buddy. I believe I had 2 but they have not been posting. I am currently 12 weeks post and will stretch until 17 weeks post (December 20).

DominicanBrazilian82 :congrats: Whats your secret? How have you been styling so far?

:sekret: I've been washing, conditioning, leave-in conditioning, blow drying and flat ironing weekly. :wallbash: You know I like sleek and straight. But I have no time anymore to rollerset. Especially with these roots. But I don't blow dry with an attachment. I use the tension method. No excuses though. I hate the excessive heat and once I move (and relax) into my house (first time homebuyer yay!!!) January 1st, I'll be back on my indirect heat tip. I also use an amazing heat protectant/serum. EnExitStageLeft

:sekret: I've been washing, conditioning, leave-in conditioning, blow drying and flat ironing weekly. :wallbash: You know I like sleek and straight. But I have no time anymore to rollerset. Especially with these roots. But I don't blow dry with an attachment. I use the tension method. No excuses though. I hate the excessive heat and once I move (and relax) into my house (first time homebuyer yay!!!) January 1st, I'll be back on my indirect heat tip. I also use an amazing heat protectant/serum. EnExitStageLeft

DominicanBrazilian82, I don't use heat often but I am curious which heat protectant are you using. Also, congrats on your 1st home! That's a great feeling.

Hi ladies, I'm brand new to the forum...as of this morning! I need a buddy, and could use some advice on hair care products. I have been using the ORS hair care line with great results, but recently I have developed an allergic reaction. The company says the formula has not been changed, but I am not completely convinced. Any recommendations on hair care products? Looking specifically for shampoo, instant conditioner, deep conditioner and daily moisturizer. Have SL relaxed hair that is colored. Recently switched to Henna. Last thing, can someone explain all the abbreviations? :perplexed Thanks!

Congrats on your new home!

Congrats on your first home purchase, it's such an exciting time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@xu93texas
@KiWiStyle
@shortdub78
@yoli184
@Altruisticoam
@EnExitStageLeft
@soonergirl
@SunySydeofLyfe

Hello Ladies,
Almost 19 weeks post and I have crossed over...today is day 1 for the CHI Environmental. The results are perfect so far...I need to wait until wash day so that I can see and feel it wet. The dry results are beautiful...got my second trim in as many weeks and my hair looks like someone else's hair.

View attachment 234009
View attachment 234011

Its so shiny! What made you get the treatment? Did you do it yourself? I can't wait to hear your aftermath.

Its so shiny! What made you get the treatment? Did you do it yourself? I can't wait to hear your aftermath.
No chile (to borrow your word) I did not do this myself but I'm not ready to give up my self-[whatever] just yet. My daughter has been raving about this treatment and how she can't see a downside. My hair feels stronger right now! My stretch has been going pretty well but I was getting some breakage and seeing lots of hair on the floor no matter how gently I detangled. I thought it was time to make a decision about the direction of this crazy hair of mine. Time will tell...:)

xu93texas KiWiStyle shortdub78 yoli184 Altruisticoam EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hello Ladies, Almost 19 weeks post and I have crossed over...today is day 1 for the CHI Environmental. The results are perfect so far...I need to wait until wash day so that I can see and feel it wet. The dry results are beautiful...got my second trim in as many weeks and my hair looks like someone else's hair.

19 weeks!?! It's great that you're excited about your results...which btw is fabulous!!!

Gotta ask though, what's CHI Environmental??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back