2013 LHCF year end photos

krissyhair

Hi hair growers. I want to see what your hair looks like this year. Share a picture and post your stats: heat passes this year; relaxer touch ups; length retained; hair trims and cuts; special treatments you've had this year; current length; 2014 goals.

I attached my photo.
I've flat ironed my hair twice this year, had a roller set once, I'm all natural so I haven't had any relaxers. And I grew my hair from shoulder length to arm pit length. My ends are super healthy (despite what the photo shows. I'm not that great at flat ironing.) So far this year I'm very happy.

Attachments

• 2013-12-15 14.07.17.jpg
    2013-12-15 14.07.17.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 2013-12-15 14.04.24.jpg
    2013-12-15 14.04.24.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 436
Okay y'all have until the moment you take down your Christmas decorations to post a picture. I know for some that might be in March :lol: but I'd like some hair-insporation before then.

Hello!

Summer of 2013 is when I discovered I was doing almost everything wrong lol. So for 2014, I'm looking forward to more retention since I'm taking better care of my hair.

Stats: I'm natural, had 3 trims this year (the first cut off several inches) and I had my hair flat ironed twice (see pics). My current length is BSL (my hair is layered so it looks shorter when I have it in front of my shoulders). My ultimate goal is WL, which might be possible for 2014 since I have exactly 6 inches to go in the back, but I'm not trying to stress myself out. If I can retain 4 inches, I'd be happy.

image-2715738925.jpg

Hi hair growers. I want to see what your hair looks like this year. Share a picture and post your stats: heat passes this year; relaxer touch ups; length retained; hair trims and cuts; special treatments you've had this year; current length; 2014 goals.

I attached my photo.
I've flat ironed my hair twice this year, had a roller set once, I'm all natural so I haven't had any relaxers. And I grew my hair from shoulder length to arm pit length. My ends are super healthy (despite what the photo shows. I'm not that great at flat ironing.) So far this year I'm very happy.

how often you trim? krissyhair

I flat ironed my hair once this year and did a formal self-trim at that time. Since then I've just being doing search and destroy trimming and dusting of my ends. I'm natural and I've not done any formal treatments (ex. protein treatments, color, etc.). Though I did deep condition my hair much more regularly this year.

Not sure exactly how much length I've retained (I don't track my hair growth closely anymore). But I'm pretty sure I was WL at the beginning of the year. My current length is around hip length (as far as I can tell, without straightening my hair). I'm a bit under 5'4", so there's not necessarily much distance between WL and hip length on me. :look:

My goals for 2014 are to work on thickening my hair.

My pictures are attached.

Attachments

• DSC01040a.jpg
    DSC01040a.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC01031.jpg
    DSC01031.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC01042a.jpg
    DSC01042a.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 475
Ugh! I had just finished my post and inadvertently closed the window, losing everything! :nono: Okay, once again, the first pic is from Dec 31 of last year, at APL length. The second one is from my last relaxer touch up on November 3, at just grazing MBL. I had four touch ups this year, a self-relax on February 28, a corrective on April 28 at the salon, and salon touch ups on August 3 and November 3. Heat was only used during the touch ups (blow dry and flat iron), and I had a one inch trim on August 3. I washed and DC'd weekly, and incorporated the LOC (actually, LCO) method and mostly finger detangling (I used my comb about once a week) into my regimen this year, as well as continued my protective styling using loose buns and French braids. In all, I retained about 5 inches this year. :grin:

Attachments

• lengthcheck_12-31-12_200.jpg
    lengthcheck_12-31-12_200.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 295
  • length-check-11-2-13.JPG
    length-check-11-2-13.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 350
I've been transitioning to texlax for 2 years now. This year I've used direct heat 6 times and trimmed about 3 inches off.

Attachments

• image-1520343549.jpg
    image-1520343549.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 443
krissyhair , I think you did a fabulous job flatironning!! There's no way I could get my hair that straight after a rollerset. Your hair looks great :up:

Ceemarie82 , even with your cuts you obviously still retained length :yep:. Next year's going to be awesome for you :grin: !!

SEMO , you're hair is so dark and luscious :lick:. It would be amazing to get to HL while on autopilot and not even notice :lol:.

koolkittychick, Wow, you were not playing! I'm going to be on my retention game like you next year :lick:.

GettingKinky , your hair is gorgeous and I love all of your pictures :love:!!

yaaaassss!! I look forward to the end of the year just for the pics! Keep em coming ladies! I will contribute in January :look:

All I would do is post pics with my hair in curls but I see people are showing length, my hair isn't worthy of those pics, I can't stand when my hair is straight, then I have to critique my ends and want to cut them. My hair was longer last year but ends was dreadful. My ends have improved a lot but I want perfection! It really sucks to be on hair forum and hair is the same length from the previous year or shorter than last year . Working on health to gain length takes forever

All I would do is post pics with my hair in curls but I see people are showing length, my hair isn't worthy of those pics, I can't stand when my hair is straight, then I have to critique my ends and want to cut them. My hair was longer last year but ends was dreadful. My ends have improved a lot but I want perfection! It really sucks to be on hair forum and hair is the same length from the previous year or shorter than last year . Working on health to gain length takes forever

I feel your pain!!! I had been caught in this horrible grow, cut, grow, cut cycle for the past 3 years :nono:!! I was MBL again this summer and now I'm barely APL. I'm so glad to be starting over again, and I'm not going back to that life :lol:

I guess I can throw myself in here.

In January of 2013, I had less than .5 inches of hair on my head.

In order of appearance, January I was pretty much rocking a fade. I relaxed in March. By April (pic 2), I felt pretty fem again! Picture three is August 2013. I kind of had bangs!

Picture 4 I had an actual bob! Whoot. The final picture is this evening. My hair is neck length at the nape, just kind of scraping the beginning of SL.

This is the fastest my hair has ever grown in a year. In addition, I think I may actually be able to be full SL next year, if not skimming APL in the back. I'm really happy with my hair again! I wish my hair was longer honestly, but I guess that can't be helped.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130205.JPG
    Snapshot_20130205.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Snapshot_20130423.JPG
    Snapshot_20130423.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 222
  • Snapshot_20130821_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20130821_2.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Snapshot_20131010_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20131010_1.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Snapshot_20131216.JPG
    Snapshot_20131216.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 265
This is the only picture I have so sorry for the captions but December 2012 (the left) I was APL. This year, I'm ending at MBL. Hopefully by the end of next year, I will make more progress.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-4242655699.jpg
    image-4242655699.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 341
First pic is from Dec 2012, last one is from last week. I'm relaxed and have been relaxing every 10-12 weeks throughout the year. I've trimmed about an inch and have only used heat at touch ups. Hope to be BSL by summer and MBL by this time next year.

Attachments

• 100_0823.jpg
    100_0823.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 103_2459.JPG
    103_2459.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Wow, everyone's hair in here looks so great! I will be back to post my pics next week since my hair is braided up right now. Great job, ladies!

I flat ironed my hair once this year and did a formal self-trim at that time. Since then I've just being doing search and destroy trimming and dusting of my ends. I'm natural and I've not done any formal treatments (ex. protein treatments, color, etc.). Though I did deep condition my hair much more regularly this year.

Not sure exactly how much length I've retained (I don't track my hair growth closely anymore). But I'm pretty sure I was WL at the beginning of the year. My current length is around hip length (as far as I can tell, without straightening my hair). I'm a bit under 5'4", so there's not necessarily much distance between WL and hip length on me. :look:

My goals for 2014 are to work on thickening my hair.

My pictures are attached.

SEMO Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! :lick: Your curls look similar to mine, except your hair is fuller. Encourages me to keep going if that's what is in my future! I'm curious what do you consider your hair type? I'm not good at hair typing :look:

Love this thread! So I'm on more of a healthy journey and haven't really been paying attention to length as long as I get rid of the pesky grays that have been popping up so this year I've been experimenting with henna/indigo. First pic is dec 12 right after a "trim" which was really a "cut". Next pic is July 13after a few henna/indigo treatments. The side braid pony tail is also summer of 13. I guess I grew quite a bit in those 7 months! The last pic is Oct after I got my first professional relaxer touch up and cut/curl . I think I had a couple of inches cut off. I'm about 8 wks post now and am a regular henna-head. Still looking for that perfect dark brown color ( not sure if it exists!).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1714188570.jpg
    image-1714188570.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 307
  • image-808500901.jpg
    image-808500901.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 284
  • image-128267303.jpg
    image-128267303.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 328
  • image-857083336.jpg
    image-857083336.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 337
I guess I can throw myself in here. In January of 2013, I had less than .5 inches of hair on my head. In order of appearance, January I was pretty much rocking a fade. I relaxed in March. By April (pic 2), I felt pretty fem again! Picture three is August 2013. I kind of had bangs! Picture 4 I had an actual bob! Whoot. The final picture is this evening. My hair is neck length at the nape, just kind of scraping the beginning of SL. This is the fastest my hair has ever grown in a year. In addition, I think I may actually be able to be full SL next year, if not skimming APL in the back. I'm really happy with my hair again! I wish my hair was longer honestly, but I guess that can't be helped.

Your growth is nice and I just had to compliment you on your beautiful smile

I straightened my hair 6 times this year. I had 1 major cut about 3 inches and 1 trim about 1/2 inch. I feel like I gained a couple inches and I'm happy with health and length of my hair. I hope to make it to WL next year.

Attachments

• image-2471493587.jpg
    image-2471493587.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 249
  • image-2551731840.jpg
    image-2551731840.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 243
  • image-2197494038.jpg
    image-2197494038.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
578285_10151569579928767_1033292336_n.jpg

APRIL 2013
siggy is November 2013

After Chop.jpg
^^^This is December 2012 after a 2 1/2 inch cut (APL, Closing in on BSB)

After The Laziness.jpg
^^^This is October 2013 (Pass MBL)

My hair Now.jpg
^^^This is November after a 1/2 inch-1 1/2 inch long layer cut (MBL)

I've made good progress this year. Praying for WL transitioning hair next year :love:!

Back