2012 HYH Challenge Session 2 - July 1- December 31, 2012

I'm using a pass. I haven't worn my hair truly out in over a year. At the end of this week it goes back in the bun.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Today Im getting a sew-in, I've been wearing this phony pony for about a week now and I'm sick of it already!

SN: I really need to update my siggy!!! :look: I've finally cut off all of my relaxed ends so I'm totally natural now.

My braids are to big under my u wig, so it looks like a helmet is on my head and on top of that this thing is making me hot...

4 weeks down. I have a decent amount of growth, 1/4-1/2 in. I still haven't decided when to start the takedown process. I'm ready to take them out, but I really don't have time to do anything else to my hair, so I'm leaving them alone right now.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Took my braids out on tuesday and wednesday. I had a ton of shed hair, but no breakage, and very few knots or splits. I'm going to wash and put in some chunky twists whenever I have time, unless I get the urge to rebraid. Until then I'm in a bun.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Washed my hair and dc'd I am wearing Marimba Girl fro pony tail. Until September 2, going to get my hair braided.

Hey ladies, I've been slacking on posting in here. I've been in buns constantly for a long time now. I've recently had to hang up the wig pictured above and I am having a hard time finding it again so I tried the southern tease bun and even though it was kinda messy I loved it! I was able to bun and it looked good, that was a first. Here's a picture of how I wore my hair for a week straight on heat free stretched hair. Detangling was a beast after that so I won't do it for that long again without cowashing.

Attachments

• myfirstsouthernteasebun.jpg
    myfirstsouthernteasebun.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 59
Hey ladies,

I guess I used a pass... I took my sew in out Friday morning and got a new install Saturday morning. I wore my hair out after I washed and deep conditioned it. I didn't straighten it but I can tell that it's growing!

I used a lace front closure for a more natural look so I didn't have to leave any of my edges out for my sew in. It's not exactly what I thought it'd be but I'm pleased. This install will be in at least until November.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Washed and conditioned today and put in some chunky twists. Wearing them in a bun. Hope to keep them for 2 weeks. After that I may separate them and wear a smaller set for another couple of weeks.

I had planned to straighten next month for a length check but I think I'll wait until October.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Yeah it helps with the detangle process.

Your relaxed or natural?

Hey ladies,

I guess I used a pass... I took my sew in out Friday morning and got a new install Saturday morning. I wore my hair out after I washed and deep conditioned it. I didn't straighten it but I can tell that it's growing!

I used a lace front closure for a more natural look so I didn't have to leave any of my edges out for my sew in. It's not exactly what I thought it'd be but I'm pleased. This install will be in at least until November.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I want a closure for that reason......

Hey all, I had planned to be in twists for the next few weeks but had to wear my hair loose (twists look horrible on me) in a bun to do an school related interview. I really don't feel like putting those twists back in until I find a decent wig that will last longer than two months. I've been looking at californialacewigs.com but I honestly don't want to pay 475.00 for a wig. Any suggestions?

Doing well so far. I've been wearing wigs for the most part. My hair iis in flat twist that I spray a wate/glycerin, and oil mix on every other night.

Made my chunky twists smaller. I'm actually wearing them down this week instead of in a bun. We'll see how long that lasts. I'll be in twists through next month unless I get the urge to braid again. I also need to dust my ends.

Sent from my HTC Evo

So I have been keeping my hair up; phony pony in a nice hair style, straightened it and still put it up.

I am currently deep conditioning and will be getting my hair braided next weekend.

Back