2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

I'm in this!
I'm in braids right now,so I won't be doing a reveal from the last leg of this challenge until August,or September. That sounds really far away,but I don't want to break my braid schedule just to flat iron for some pics. I guess I can just do the back...??? I have no idea.:lol:. I'll figure something out.

I'm in. This should be a cinch because I've been wearing braids since 2009 without breaks so I have 6/12 months left.

I'm in! I'm going to use twists until 2012 begins. I hope to have natural hair long enough to bun by then.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to make this a "hide your ends" challenge for myself too. I plan to keep my ends protected 5-6 days a week.

I'm in. I've never done this before but I need a time out because I cannot seem to keep my hands away from my head so I'll be bunning until the end of July then putting in braids or getting a weave.

i wanna join. this will be my first challenge and i already planned on flat ironing this weekend. i plan on just bunning and 2 months of wig wearing

I started last year for Decembers challenge and I want to go for another 6 months. It has been hard but I have enjoyed it.

Sign me up. I will be wearing senegalese twists and using MN.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Last edited:
Count me in! I've been waiting for part 3 of this challenge to begin. I'll be wearing mostly sewn-in weaves. 2 passes should be more than enough until December.

Good luck to all the ladies in this challenge!

I'm in!!! I BC'd June 11 and have NO hair.....LOL. Want to grow it out under my wigs and eventually kinky twists!! Thank goodness for this challenge!!!

lol. I am actually getting my hair done after hiding it for 9 months! I may join in August or September.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Count me in! I BC'ed June 3rd & plan to be in at least 2 more cycles of this challenge! I fell off at the end of the last one bc I got micros & then BC'ed, but I missed yall! I am not going to be MIA anymore LOL

can i still be in? i know i'm not going to hide my hair for at least 10 days though.

I plan on wigging it all the way up to the first day of fall (sept 22) with the exception of July 16th. Then continue wigging when it gets cold.

I think I wanna join. But I was planning on doing a length check next month :/...but I could give the wash n go's a rest and wear my twists.

Hmmmmm....:think:

I'm in.
I will be doing half wigs and buns. Co-washing once a week and shampoo'ing once a week. Also no heat at all.

LilMissSunshine5, congrats on your BC! I'm glad you're still in the challenge!

brg240, of course you're welcome to join this challenge!

I'm trying to figure out my game plan. I think I'm going to start out with twists, maybe buy a few ponies and a half wig or two (depending on if I can stand anything on my head in this heat).

Yeah Right ^^^^^ YOu not gonna wear them, next time I go to Florida I am coming to scoop all that up! :giggle:

I will be starting this challenge off in crochet braids. They have never let me down, but the only chance I have to put them in is on Sunday (July 3rd), which is my 30th birthday. Sadly I don't have any plans (I never really celebrate my birthday on my birthday anyway, because I usually do it on the Fourth of July and all month :look:, but 30 is kind of a big deal)

I do plan on taking these mini twists down on Saturday after I get off from work (new job -> I work Tuesdays through Saturdays). Since the 4th is on Monday, I kinda want to at least have taken my hair down, detangled it, washed it, deep conditioned it, and cornrowed it. I know it's going to take all Sunday just to do that after I leave church.

I do get Tuesday off since the 4th falls on a Monday, so I will put my crochet braids in then.

I'm in since I'm already doin this in the K.I.S.S Challenge. Buns all the time for me, and I might whip out my half wigs on special occasions.

Back