2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

Ladies I have been volunteering at my kids schools' so I have been MIA for real :D

Still hiding under Lili, :) dying to go back to Vanessa, but Lili is a nice style for sure :)

Hope everyone is doing well, I still check in and miss you guys :) :yep:

I am beat right now. I am tired as could be. doing my count down for braid removal :) that Friday will be a busy day I will be prepping my hair during the morning and scouting at night :yep:

It will be 3.5 weeks the braids will have been in. I will do my regular, and give it one week breathing room and back up we go :yep:
I am holding off on my relaxer for a while since I have no plans on wearing it out yet :D
But I am definitely looking forward to my next relaxer.

hey!!!

i have a quick questions and any feedback will be fine with me. i'm swimming twice a week now and i have individual braids in my hair. they have been up since Sept. 11 and a touch up on the front and back Oct. 2. I was wondering if i should take them down and get them down completely over again because i only wash them once weekends and grease them. do i need to take them down do a good condition and shampoo and then get more put in or continue with these braids just keep washing and greasing once a week????

thanks ladies!!!

Yes, I would definitely take them down, clarify, and do a good dc. Then you can do another braid install with the confidence that your hair is in good health.:yep:

Over the weekend I hid in a wig and bumped into a coworker that was like, what's up with your hair???? Then she was like, but I like it. Whew!!! Thought she was meaning that in a negative way.

@Ms_CoCo37 and @NikkiQ....remember the not so cute tuscany girl I posed a pic of....the one I didn't try on before buying???

Well here it is....
sideview.jpg
frontwigview.jpg
back.jpg

After I worked with her for a LONG while, she turned out pretty nice. I was actually DCing under the wig.

ETA: Link to Tuscany Girl
Black Hair Style | Band Fullcap | Half Wig - Deep Wave | Freetress Fullcap | FREETRESS SYNTHETIC FULLCAP TUSCANY GIRL

I guess you showed us huh?:grin: It looks really good on you.:yep: That pic didn't do it any justice whatsoever.

^^^:lachen: you are too much!

Girl, you should have seen me. My mom was like, "what the devil???!!!" I was just like :look: what?

Today's style is just a wee bit better...not much though.:look:

I really need to look into getting my hair braided and calling it a day. I just have my hands in it too much. This morning, I carelessly combed out a clump of hair.:look:

Ugh. I've been MIA for a a bit too. Trying to stay on top of some major deadlines IRL. But, I had to drop by today to say that I finally got around to trying the Nu Gro Moisturizer. I found it at my local bss and was a little thrown by the homemade looking labeling but, I really am liking it. My hair is so soft and it's really handling my NG. I planned to relax but, I think I'll hold out another month, or as long as I can. Thanks for the suggestion.

NJoy I am so glad you like it. Yes the label is a little generic but the spray is awesome and I am so glad I purchased it. I just greased my hair today with the Nu-Gro grease and sprayed with the moisturizing spray :yep: :)

NJoy I am so glad you like it. Yes the label is a little generic but the spray is awesome and I am so glad I purchased it. I just greased my hair today with the Nu-Gro grease and sprayed with the moisturizing spray :yep: :)

Oh, and I meant to say that I bought the moisturizing conditioner too. Tried it today but, I also tried Giovanni today too so, I like how my hair feels. Not sure which to give the credit tho. Definitely loving my spray. :yep:

^^^That's what I'm talking about!!!!! I'll be on pins and needles waiting on those. I will try to take some good NG shots in a little over 2 weeks when I take the braids out. gonna either get my best friend or my boyfriend to take a good shot of the back for me since my long monkey arms aren't quite long enough.

Oh, and I meant to say that I bought the moisturizing conditioner too. Tried it today but, I also tried Giovanni today too so, I like how my hair feels. Not sure which to give the credit tho. Definitely loving my spray. :yep:

I don't think I'll be buying any conditioner anytime soon :nono: not with the way my stash is right now. I am trying to shrink the stash a lot before another purchase.

Still hiding with single extensions. This set I plan to keep in until dec. 2morro will be two weeks since I had them put in and they are slack. I will take update pics in Dec for lhcf and my local hhj challenge I hv going with some of my friends. I'm happy with my progress thus far. For the Xmas season I plan to do the ladyp DMM and wear a wig until my next braid install in Jan 2011. Yea I'm pushing this in 2011.

so my new wig came and I'm a little up in the air about it. The color is still too dark. I wish these companies would put more 27 in the wig lol I ordered Sensationnnel Lace Front Nicole. I love the wig though, but that color...

I really need to look into getting my hair braided and calling it a day. I just have my hands in it too much. This morning, I carelessly combed out a clump of hair.:look:
911: This is the 911 operator, caller, please state your emergency
Caller: My friend just combed out a clump of hair
911: What the what
Caller: Please send braids installer right away to do a braids install for the HYH challenge
911: Girl, that's what up...I love me some LHCF and HYH challenge; braids installer is on her way; please stay on the line until help arrives
((((hugs))))

I had to drop by today to say that I finally got around to trying the Nu Gro Moisturizer. My hair is so soft and it's really handling my NG.
Wow, really...it's that good?
How are you and JJamiah applying this?

Whose Ready to Reveal :D ???
Me, kinda, tired of hiding but then again...it's so dern easy. Not sure I have much to reveal but hiding has been kinda fun at times. What's not fun is people (at work) begging and bothering why I'm not wearing my hair down.

I have Giovanni Direct leave in but I'm not sure on this one just yet. Used it but my hair felt like I didn't even moisturized...my hair soaked that stuff right on up.

I don't think I'll be buying any conditioner anytime soon :nono: not with the way my stash is right now. I am trying to shrink the stash a lot before another purchase.
Happy to report my stash is wimpy and I need to buy more. I have way to many shampoos from buying up stuff PJ style when I first joined in addition to the other things I already had in my stash so I'm set on poo for a long while. I will try to dilute the harsh poos that I purchased before I learned the dos/don'ts in an effort to not being wasteful by tossing out product.

Morning Ladies!

I sat down last night and randomly put monster sized twists in my head. They're not neat or anything, but there in there. I'll try to post a pic later.

JJamiah, I owe you a phone call ma'am.:grin: I was in the middle of cooking dinner when you called last night.

911: This is the 911 operator, caller, please state your emergency
Caller: My friend just combed out a clump of hair
911: What the what
Caller: Please send braids installer right away to do a braids install for the HYH challenge
911: Girl, that's what up...I love me some LHCF and HYH challenge; braids installer is on her way; please stay on the line until help arrives
((((hugs))))

:lol::lol::lachen::lachen: Girl, you are a bonifide NUTBALL!!!:lol:

I seriously needed that laugh this morning.:grin:

25 weeks post today and very happy about it!!! :wiggle:

Did pretty well in tips last night at my promo so I may add on another LF onto my list and treat myself. Gotta stay cute to keep making that money! :lol:

divachyk I grease my scalp like I would any grease and the spray I just spray it around my hair like an ordinary hair spray :D

See Diva you buy shampoo like I buy conditioner. Even though I have a lot of shampoo too. I was thinking about that upon waking up today. I am like I have too much hair stuff STILL!

:lol::lol::lachen::lachen: Girl, you are a bonifide NUTBALL!!!:lol:

I seriously needed that laugh this morning.:grin:
Glad it picked up your spirits. I wanna see the monstor size twists!

25 weeks post today and very happy about it!!! :wiggle:

Did pretty well in tips last night at my promo so I may add on another LF onto my list and treat myself. Gotta stay cute to keep making that money! :lol:
Has hiding helped you to stretch or are you doing other things to keep the ng soft?

divachyk I grease my scalp like I would any grease and the spray I just spray it around my hair like an ordinary hair spray :D

See Diva you buy shampoo like I buy conditioner. Even though I have a lot of shampoo too. I was thinking about that upon waking up today. I am like I have too much hair stuff STILL!
I'm now changing up my focus to conditioners since conditioning the hair seems to be where it's at. I bought some Hair One olive oil today. You convinced me. lol. Oh and, I want to try AO White Camellia but cannot find it local. I hate paying shipping so looks like I will have to order it. ugh.

Has hiding helped you to stretch or are you doing other things to keep the ng soft?

I'm now changing up my focus to conditioners since conditioning the hair seems to be where it's at. I bought some Hair One olive oil today. You convinced me. lol. Oh and, I want to try AO White Camellia but cannot find it local. I hate paying shipping so looks like I will have to order it. ugh.

I'm transitioning so the less manipulation to my NG the better. Combing through almost 6 months worth of growth would NOT be good for my poor hair :nono:

divachyk I do hope you enjoy the Hair One Olive Oil as much as I do. I love it :yep: remember if it doesn't feel great the first time please give it a few tries. It is great stuff!

Back