2009: 52 weeks of protective styles

Here's how i wear my side bun. I wrap a weft of hair around my side ponytail, and then loop it around as if to make a knot. I pin it in place and go!

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Photo 4.jpg
    Photo 4.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 103
WEEK 3: THE FUNKY FRENCH (ROLL)

Thanks Nakialovesshoes for suggesting the french roll in post #9. I'll start us off:

Style A:

I did this after completing a pony tail rollerset. I gathered it into a ponytail then twisted up and left the curly ends out. I only used 2 or 3 large bobby pins and arranged the curls until I liked them. I also experimented with a crystal accessory.

img476.jpg

img478.jpg

Style B:

Half french, half bun

I separated into 2 sections - the top I twisted into a french roll and left the curly ends out. The bottom is a bun. Very quick and easy!!!

img490.jpg

img491.jpg

And here's the front:

img501.jpg

Style C:

Alright, last one :grin:, and surprisingly my favorite - the "Double French"

I am almost 10 weeks post, so last night I cowashed, separated into 2 sections, bunned and tied with a wrap cap. No comb, no brush. Woke up like this:
img524.jpg

Step 2: Undo the top bun and twist it towards the right or left, leaving the ends out:
img526.jpg

Step 3: Twist the loose part and tuck it on top of the roll. Pin to secure.
img528.jpg

Step 4: Do the same process with the lower bun, but twist starting in the opposite direction. I made a little s pattern because I had some hair left over after twisting each way:
img529.jpg

Final Step: Add an accessory if you like:
img538.jpg

And from the front :grin:
img537.jpg

Style C:

Alright, last one :grin:, and surprisingly my favorite - the "Double French"

I am almost 10 weeks post, so last night I cowashed, separated into 2 sections, bunned and tied with a wrap cap. No comb, no brush. Woke up like this:
img524.jpg

Step 2: Undo the top bun and twist it towards the right or left, leaving the ends out:
img526.jpg

Step 3: Twist the loose part and tuck it on top of the roll. Pin to secure.
img528.jpg

Step 4: Do the same process with the lower bun, but twist starting in the opposite direction. I made a little s pattern because I had some hair left over after twisting each way:
img529.jpg

Final Step: Add an accessory if you like:
img538.jpg

And from the front :grin:
img537.jpg

That is cute to death!!!!!!!! I'm not a huge french bun fan, but you are making me want to try this for real!

Maybe one week can be the double bun, cuz I like that too!!!!

Here's a style i threw my hair into this morning:

I pincurled my hair past night fairly tightly,used 4 mini claw clips to hold the hair down into a ponytail/bun like shape, and used two bobby pins on the sides. then i put on a headband, and my friends seemed to like it!

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo 4.jpg
    Photo 4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 82
I tried that this week and couldn't really get it. It's best suited for really old, fallen rollersets or staight do's. Mine must have been too curly. So I will try another week.

You're right, it works for old sets. My sis couldn't get it either. I dunno why, she's MBL with no layers. :rolleyes: I have serious layers but I love the way this bun comes out! :drunk:

Here's a style i threw my hair into this morning:

I pincurled my hair past night fairly tightly,used 4 mini claw clips to hold the hair down into a ponytail/bun like shape, and used two bobby pins on the sides. then i put on a headband, and my friends seemed to like it!

Very cute, and I LOVE THE HEADBAND! :lick: How do you get it to stay in your head? I just lost a silk Ann Taylor one and I didn't even know it was gone! :wallbash::wallbash:

Very cute, and I LOVE THE HEADBAND! :lick: How do you get it to stay in your head? I just lost a silk Ann Taylor one and I didn't even know it was gone! :wallbash::wallbash:

LOL, that happens to me all the time with my thinner headbands, they turn into overgrown ponytail holders, and no one bothers to let me know!

I've had that headband for a long time (maybe since junior high/high school?) so i have no idea where i got it. But it's crocheted, so
it doesnt really move anywhere.

I attached a pic of my protective style for the week (pls don't laught at me). I was supposed to braid my hair this week, but things went wrong and I'll only be braiding it at the end of the month.

Attachments

• DSC01666.jpg
    DSC01666.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 47
I attached a pic of my protective style for the week (pls don't laught at me). I was supposed to braid my hair this week, but things went wrong and I'll only be braiding it at the end of the month.

What did you use to secure the buns? I've done double buns like that before, just a little lower.

I think this will be my style for tomorrow as well. :yep: I'm going to work out so I'll need to cw afterwards, I'll just make them low and close together. :yep:

WEEK 4: THE DOUBLE BUN

In honor of ShaniKeys, this week's style is the double bun. You can do them side by side like ShaniKeys, or one on top, on on the bottom.

Here's a pic of my double bun again. Tomorrow I will wash and do one like SK's.

img524.jpg

WEEK 4: THE DOUBLE BUN

In honor of ShaniKeys, this week's style is the double bun. You can do them side by side like ShaniKeys, or one on top, on on the bottom.

Here's a pic of my double bun again. Tomorrow I will wash and do one like SK's.

Thank you so much Butterfly:kissing4:, this really makes me feel better about my buns, I redid them a bit lower and I feel much more comfortable now. This style is so beautiful on you, I will try it one day when my hair grows longer, looking forward to see your double buns side by side.

Thank you so much Butterfly:kissing4:, this really makes me feel better about my buns, I redid them a bit lower and I feel much more comfortable now. This style is so beautiful on you, I will try it one day when my hair grows longer, looking forward to see your double buns side by side.

LMBO at the smiley.
giggle.gif
I'll post my pic tonight or tomorrow.

Back