$200 Reasonable?

I know of a stylist in Chicago that charges $125 per hour. She only books one person at a time and she can get a wash & blow out done in 45 minutes to 1 hour. I never used her (and do not live in the area) but a friend was a regular client for a while and liked her work.

I don't even know if the stylist does weaves but for regular things, wash, relaxers, color, she charged $125 per hour.

I wonder how busy she is these days?

I think I have one in my fotki. It might be a bit fuzzy. I'm located in Charleston, SC.

Do you mind telling me who you use? My sister pays $100 but she goes to this place in the country. She washes her own hair first. The stylist braids her hair, weaves it up, and styles it.

TIA

i wouldn't pay $200 for a weave unless the person has great references. If she doesn't have stellar credentials, I dont see why she'll charge anything more that $150

i wouldn't pay $200 for a weave unless the person has great references. If she doesn't have stellar credentials, I dont see why she'll charge anything more that $150

Well I'd been going to her for about 4 years up until Oct. What attracted me to her is that she's about healthy hair. She's stopped me from making mistakes like I would have a perm, two weeks later I would want it dyed but she wouldn't do it for me and told me why. It was either/or. I've also seen clients that she's helped grow damaged hair back. I've seen some or sew-in styles on her fb page. She's the only stylist I really trust right now..

Spot Perm- What is that? She mentioned doing that but I don't any perm on any part of my head. I haven't had a perm since Oct. and don't want one.

I don't think I want that...:nono:...Then I'll have a patch of hair that's permed while the rest is 4 months without a relaxer and that patch of hair will always be behind.

I don't blame you. I would not do that either :ohwell:

Do you mind telling me who you use? My sister pays $100 but she goes to this place in the country. She washes her own hair first. The stylist braids her hair, weaves it up, and styles it.

TIA
Her name is Nia. She's on D-Road in the same plaza as the African Braiding shop near the AFB. I can PM you her number if your sister needs it. She's so good someone (who isn't supposed to leave base) wanted to drive 1.5 hours to her then drive back to catch a flight to somewhere up North.

Well I'd been going to her for about 4 years up until Oct. What attracted me to her is that she's about healthy hair. She's stopped me from making mistakes like I would have a perm, two weeks later I would want it dyed but she wouldn't do it for me and told me why. It was either/or. I've also seen clients that she's helped grow damaged hair back. I've seen some or sew-in styles on her fb page. She's the only stylist I really trust right now..

Does she have a book so you cna see her work? If you trust her then pay it. There is no amount of money you can save that's worth the risk of going to an unknown stylist because they charge less. I'm in NY $200 is not unheard of - yes there are some cheaper weave stylist out there but they usually look like it. I would discuss with her about doing a full closure as you don't want to leave any hair out. Good luck!

I think that's kind of on the expensive side and 4 hours is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry. I think the longest it's taken for me to get a sew in is an hour, but that's because other factors like me stopping to go get food. I dont care what anyone says, 4 hours is a long time for a sew in, full head or not.

As far as 200, I think it's a little much. My stylist charges waaaay less than that and does a great job, but I do think it depends on where you live. Availability of stylists play a role. When I was in Austin, one girl quoted me 400 without the weave. I hung up and never looked back. That's way too much for a style I plan to wear for 3 months.

I look at it this way, if it costs more than going to the salon for 3 months and getting MY own hair done, I don't think it's worth it. I think weave should be a cost effective thing, but that;s just me. I've heard of 200 before, but maybe I'm cheap, but I think it's a little pricey. The hair's already kind of pricey

I'm cheap too but I don't know where else to go. I only really went when I needed a perm or color so in 3 months I may go 2-3 times. She charges 70 for a perm...so that's 210...It's 200 for the sew-in without the hair so its a little more expensive...Add to that, I have to drive about 4 hours to get to dallas to get it done AND take off work to get there on a Friday cause she doesn't do them on Sat. cuz those are her busy days.

Back