2 Years Natural- Back Story Progress + Pics Pics Pics)

Thank you for kind response. I have used clay before and but it was only a trial session. Before I purchase another batch, I will use all my Ayurvedic powders since I have so many and they are known to boost health, strength and growth.

You look so familiar!
Anywhere great progress and hair. Do you have trouble I think knots?

Thanks. You look familiar too (from your avi). I had to check where you're from for a second. I must have a doppelganger rolling around somewhere.

For two years, not so much. Only now, have I begun to suffer from tangles and knots. It's kind of mild but still annoying. Over the past few months, i've decreased how often I wash/ wet my hair so I'm thiking that plus my new length isn't making matters easier. But the longer my hair gets the less I want to feel wet hair on my neck. I may have to re-evaluate things, as much as I like

Beautiful hair! Congrats on such wondeful progress! I hope the next 2 years are even better :yep: My fave pic is the high puff so pretty. Henna color looks pretty on youtoo and I just want to say your skin is gawjus

You have beautiful hair. You have made great progress in two years. I'm glad things turned around for you.

Thanks Faith. You really helped keep me sane during those months by giving me the outlet of the MHM thread. I can't thank you enough:hug2:. It was the first place I chilled at when I got here, and thanks to the tips and experiences from you and everyone else in that thread massive thread I called home, I learned a lot about my hair. It's also great to see you making strides with your hair. I loved yur most recent set.

Thanks. You look familiar too (from your avi). I had to check where you're from for a second. I must have a doppelganger rolling around somewhere.

For two years, not so much. Only now, have I begun to suffer from tangles and knots. It's kind of mild but still annoying. Over the past few months, i've decreased how often I wash/ wet my hair so I'm thiking that plus my new length isn't making matters easier. But the longer my hair gets the less I want to feel wet hair on my neck. I may have to re-evaluate things, as much as I like
OMG so strange lol maybe we have crossed paths somewhere. Are you from NY?
And OK I asked because we have similar looking hair and I always ask about knots as my hair loves them sigh

Beautiful(you and your hair) regardless !!

OMG so strange lol maybe we have crossed paths somewhere. Are you from NY?
And OK I asked because we have similar looking hair and I always ask about knots as my hair loves them sigh

Beautiful(you and your hair) regardless !!

Lol it is! I'm from London. Never been to NY, although I would love to one day. You ever been to England?:look::spinning:
Thank you for the compliment. Alas I don't think we can escape the knots lol.

Lol it is! I'm from London. Never been to NY, although I would love to one day. You ever been to England?:look::spinning:
Thank you for the compliment. Alas I don't think we can escape the knots lol.
Nope! OK I saw the tshirt and just assumed it was a souvenir dang that's crazy lol

:lol:Happy to help. Thank you for the encouragement. I really enjoy your posts. I'm glad you also saw results with the baggying. For calcium bentonite, I use the Aztec brand. I use sodium bentonite I ordered from butters and bars (but this can be too clarifying for me) and rhassoul/ ghassoul (moisturising). I tend to mix the clay ratios depending on how my hair feels.

I took me a while to find a place for oils in my regimen. I do have a sulfur/ oil mix I made, using info from some threads here but I am never consistent when applying things to my scalp- it just doesn't need so much.

Oil (olive from the 'original' recipe) in the clay didn't really do anything for me and I reduced it slowly before removing it from my mix.

Now, after rinsing the clay thoroughly, I pour a light oil (grapseed/ jojoba/ wheatgerm/ safflower) into my palm and apply to my length. Then I'll dip my ends in sunflower oil. Usually, I'll let this steam a little while I shower. Then I lightly rinse and apply gel, root to tip.
@AbsyBlvd , great progress!!! So after applying gel, is that when u baggy for 2-3weeks straight until next wash day?

@AbsyBlvd , great progress!!! So after applying gel, is that when u baggy for 2-3weeks straight until next wash day?

Thanks @scarcity21. During my 24/7 baggying, I would mainly apply MHM approved conditioner/ leave-in after my clay step, braid my hair down and baggy for 2-3 weeks. Sometimes I would shingle gel after the leave-in but I mainly used diluted Knot Today or Trader Joe's TTT.

Last edited:
Great progress and beautiful hair @AbsyBlvd ! Thanks for sharing. I've suffered with thinning in the same area this past year. Seems like it took forever to really pin down the cause and slow it down. I'm so glad you were able to reverse it!

Great progress and beautiful hair @AbsyBlvd ! Thanks for sharing. I've suffered with thinning in the same area this past year. Seems like it took forever to really pin down the cause and slow it down. I'm so glad you were able to reverse it!

Thank you @caliscurls. What was the cause of your thinning and how did you eventually slow it down?

@AbsyBlvd thank u. did u notice moisture overload or breakage from baggying 24/7 for 2-3 weeks?

You're welcome. No, I noticed no breakage. I'm low/med porosity. I didn't get moisture overload from baggying but once I stopped baggying and began doing rounds of the original MHM more often (with no use of protein for at least 6 months), I did notice that my fine hair was looking limp. Pelohello mentioned Mill Creek Botanicals Jojoba and I ordered it right away. After my first protein DC in months, I realised what my hair was missing when my coils sprung back to life.

Back