2 year natural anniversary pt 1

Auburn

Staples: MSM & moe gro
Products: everything under the sun
Main products: Joico, Mane & Tail, Lanza
Tools: FHI RUNWAY, Jibere comb, Denman

Style Timeline: scarf for about a year, pony puff until January, straight natural

Usually straighten once a month until I started being a straight natural.
I went natural to discover my texture and to have thicker hair.
Ive colored my hair in April 2009..(I think)
BC to 3 inches. Stopped relaxing in November 2007.

Mistakes: Ulta Keratin treatment.

Part 2 will be my length checks ..once I straighten my hair again. UPDATED HERE

Picture 1 - day of BC
Picture 2 and 3 - My hair now.

As always, thank you all for your guidance and inspiration. I love my LHCF sisters :heart3:View attachment 67354

Attachments

• bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 403
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC_0231.jpg
    DSC_0231.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
congratulations!!! I'm embarking on my natural journey myself (i'm 6 months post) and I can't wait until I can wear a full afro.

Auburn your hair is gorgeous!!!

I remember you saying that some of your hair never reverted after the keratin treatment.Do you just blend that hair,or did you end up cutting?

Thank you ladies!

I usually use moisture recovery & Kpak from Joico's line but I'd trust anything they make..including their new flat iron I recently bought :)

My hair did revert back about 85 ish percent. I honestly like the elongation of my curls. The front of my hair is so much looser than the rest as it has always been so Im always blending. I didnt cut it yet.

I'd strangle to cat just to get that thick pony you got going on in the last picture. Congrats on all the growth. what would you say gave you the most growth? The Moe Grow oil or the MSM?

Thanks yall :D

Sonya, Moe gro gave me more of a spurt but I loved how it made my hair feel. MSM is what I would choose. I think without it, I would get a little less than 1/2".

2 years and all of that thick/lucious growth. i need to stop looking at these progress pics...

Even though my hair is longer, i don't think it will ever get that thick. It's beautiful!

Back