2 minute protein reconstructors

Brownie

How many people actually leave 2 minute reconstructors only on their hair for 2 minutes? I tried Aghogee's (????????) 2 minute reconstructor last week, and I think I like it better than the 6 week kind. My hair got just as strong, and I didn't have to worry with that other stinky stuff that drips all over me and dries. I was really surprised by this product. It's a keeper!!!!!!!!

Recently, I also tried Fantasia's Tea Tree Naturals Intensive Conditioner. That stuff stimulated my scalp so much that I left it on for over an hour, and for the whole time, I could feel the tea tree oil and peppermint oil working their magic. This is some strong stuff that makes your scalp feel
drunk.gif

Really, really good.

I've used the Aphogee one and I really like it. I try not to leave it on too long. No more than 10 minutes. It works really well in less time which was very impressive.

Brownie,
I also like the 2-min reconstructor by Aphogee. I use mine for 10 min w/heat. My hair definitely feels stronger afterwards.
smile.gif

HTH,
Jen

Today I just tried St ives moisture intensive conditioner with mint and it burned my neck, sort of. I tried to make a peppermint conditioner out of my protein conditioner a long time ago and I put too much in and everytime I rinsed, it burned more. So I the ST Ives conditioner reminded me of that bad experience. Did you experience any excessive burning on your neck or anything with the Aphogee?

wow this is so cool. i have had this for a while but never tried it. i might just use it when i take out my braids.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
kathryn said:
Today I just tried St ives moisture intensive conditioner with mint and it burned my neck, sort of. I tried to make a peppermint conditioner out of my protein conditioner a long time ago and I put too much in and everytime I rinsed, it burned more. So I the ST Ives conditioner reminded me of that bad experience. Did you experience any excessive burning on your neck or anything with the Aphogee?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get any burning with Aphogee; just when it was on my head, I could tell something was going on, and after I rinsed my hair out, it came out a lot stronger than it does with the 6 week treatment. As for peppermint, I really don't feel like my scalp is burning; it just feels like my scalp is glowing
blush.gif
. I can't get enough of that stuff!

JenJen2721 said:
Brownie,
I also like the 2-min reconstructor by Aphogee. I use mine for 10 min w/heat. My hair definitely feels stronger afterwards.
smile.gif

HTH,
Jen

[/ QUOTE ]
I used it for about 5 to 7 minutes without heat. Well, I used a heating cap. Next time, I'll try it for 10 minutes, but how well this works, I think I'm going to give up on the 6 week treatment (too much work, for too little results). Maybe I'll just use it every 12 to 18 weeks or something!

do you all follow up with a moisturizing condit after this also?? I've been looking for a quick protein reconstructor that works well without heat and this sounds like it may be it. I'm basically trying to shorten the length of my routine.

beana3 said:
do you all follow up with a moisturizing condit after this also?? I've been looking for a quick protein reconstructor that works well without heat and this sounds like it may be it. I'm basically trying to shorten the length of my routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I followed up with Sally's knock off of Nexxus's Humectress---I didn't use heat with this either, and my hair came out plenty moisturized. But as for that 2 minute reconstructor, it made my life a lot easier over the 6 week kind. Yes, the whole process was a LOT quicker.

Hey Brownie
wave.gif
, thanks for posting this information. Recently I have been getting some breakage and nothing that I tried seemed to halt it. Well after reading this post, I went out and bought the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. I used it today and I was very pleased. It made my hair feel strong but very soft. When it was on in the shower, it made my hair soft and detangled. When I was done and combed out, I only lost two hairs.

I also purchased the Fantasia Tea Tree condtioner and I am in love!!! I love the way it woke my scalp up and made it feel alive. This is a keeper for me. I will use it once a week to get that tingling scalp massage it provides.

I also purchased the Aphogee leave-in restructurizer. It is a great product. I sprayed it on my dry hair yesterday and it instantly strengthened it. It has a little foul smell to it, but it fades away rather quickly.

So thanks a bunch for posting this info. I've found a new protein conditioner
smile.gif

Armyqt said:
Hey Brownie
wave.gif
, thanks for posting this information. Recently I have been getting some breakage and nothing that I tried seemed to halt it. Well after reading this post, I went out and bought the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. I used it today and I was very pleased. It made my hair feel strong but very soft. When it was on in the shower, it made my hair soft and detangled. When I was done and combed out, I only lost two hairs.

I also purchased the Fantasia Tea Tree condtioner and I am in love!!! I love the way it woke my scalp up and made it feel alive. This is a keeper for me. I will use it once a week to get that tingling scalp massage it provides.

I also purchased the Aphogee leave-in restructurizer. It is a great product. I sprayed it on my dry hair yesterday and it instantly strengthened it. It has a little foul smell to it, but it fades away rather quickly.

So thanks a bunch for posting this info. I've found a new protein conditioner
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in tears over here
smile.gif
Good for you! I wish someone would've recommended this to me before I got the 6 week kind, which does almost nothing to my hair. As for the Fantasia's Tea Tree
grin.gif
I left that stuff on for over an hour and it was as strong as when I first put it on. I like protent products like that. I tried the Tea Tree in the cholesterol brand, and it doesn't stay as strong for as long, so I like Fantasia's product. Hey, I'm glad you liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!
wave.gif

I bought the aphogee 2 min reconstructor and have used it 2ice. My hair doesn't feel strengthened and I'm still shedding (thank God no breakage). I don't know if the shedding should be attributed to the fact that I'm at week 8 w/o touchup. Oh well, I try to persevere a little longer at least, see how it treats my relaxed hair when I get my touch up. Good thing though, is that I can comb my hair and the new growth feels soft... very unbelievable for the hair I was born with
grin.gif

i also have the 2 min kind and while it doesn't do wonders for my hair: i like it! My hair feels a bit harder, which i guess is an indicator of strength, but i follow up with pantene s&amp;s and my hair is very detangled. After i'm done (which will be a while from now) i'd like to try the AO GPB.
I think that using it consistently will give you good results, I've used mine twice and i think its a gradual change! I guess I'll know when i'm done with my 16oz bottle

BRH---how long did you leave it in your hair when you used it?

I just don't know what I'm going to do with my hair as far as protein is concerned. I THINK after I finish all my conditioners I'm going to do a weekly protein (mild conditioner) and I'm thinking ORS, GPB, or the Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor.

Otherwise, I'll do a deep moisturizing every week and use the 2-minute mid week, followed by a moisturizing conditioner (like LUST) 2x as long as the reconstructor was left on. I'm thinking with the latter idea, the whole protein and moistrizing may be able to done in the shower without getting out!

daviine darnit you're supposed to be encouraging me to deep condition, not joining me
grin.gif

I''m not BRh but i'll share anyway, I use it for 10 mins with a plastic cap and then i'll rinse and apply the s&amp;S and comb it through gently (that takes 5 mins) and i'll rinse with extremely cold water. so my routine is like 15-20 mins of conditioning right now.

when i dont use the 2 min stuff, i'll use the loreal unfrizz and sometimes just leav that on for 10 mins w/ a cap and i'm done (bad me i know)

Beana3, I look forward to seeing you become a GPB convert
wink.gif

Daviine, I used to leave the 2 min aphogee on for a good 5 to 10 mins. It worked okay, it slowed down any shedding. I found though that even with following a moisturizing conditioner after my hair was still dryer than before. I get this with all protein treatments I tried. (Except GPB which is a mild protein conditioner but is effective at the same time).

BRH, where do you get the GPB and how much do you pay for it? I went to a health food store and saw it for $9. I so want to get it since I only have a bit of CPR left (I'm not breaking my challenge since it doesn't start until Saturday
grin.gif
)

Jazzy,

I got mine from The Vitamin Shoppe on Broadway and like 8th street. Its on the corner of Broadway. The price on it has the $9 crossed out so I paid less than that but can't remember what. Its the 8 oz. I was told recently that they sell the bigger size of it for $17.

Back