2 in 1 shampoo conditioners what do you ladies think about them?

Lucia

I've been seeing alot of 2-in-1 shampoo conditioners lately, I'll admit I'm tempted to try them since they take out a step, those who have tried them or use them TIA:
1. how do you like it?
2. what are the pros and cons?
3. have you tried to use it as a leave-in?
4. do you now have to use more or less products than before?
5. does your hair feel well conditioned if you only used the 2 in 1?
6. fav brand of 2 in 1?

Wow it's funny you asked this cause tomorrow I was planning on trying my new 2 in one from herbal essence hello hydration I'll be sure to let you know the end results. And even though it is a two in one I'm still going to deep condition and reg condition as well .......you could never be to safe:grin:

Since I don't use shampoo and I looooove conditioner, especially sitting under the dryer with a head full of DC...

...I'll pass.

I used to use one back before LHCF...definitely stripped my hair. I could tell that before I even knew what stripped was.

Yea their really just shampoos with conditioning propeties sp you still need a rinse out conditioner bet their great shampoos I use lady velvets alot and lots others

My experience with them has been uh uh.

I got one when I started taking care of my hair, thinking that I was being so slick and saving time, and all it did was cause me a world of problems. And I ended up using more time to fix what the stupid thing did, than I would have if I just stuck to my regular stuff. :rolleyes: My hair was always dry afterwards, and it started breaking off. I didn't know how the 2 in 1 worked (it cleans your hair and then leaves a layer of cones on it, that's how it "conditions") or else I probably would not have bought it.

The only pro is that it cleans the hair without leaving it feeling stripped. The cons are, it doesn't actually nourish hair and it just leaves a coating on it. I think that's what caused my breakage initially, because when I clarified and went back to regular shampooing and deep conditioning, the extra breakage stopped. My hair generally loves cones in conditioners, but for some reason, it reacted badly to this stuff.

No, I didn't try that...I'm kind of glad I didn't though.

I use more products now, because I use shampoos that are shampoos and conditioners that are conditioners. My mom always said that nothing good ever came of cutting corners. :lol:

Noooo, it felt dry and crunchy! The hair was smooth and shiny, but it like...crunched when I touched it, and was really strawlike. :nono: When I went back to using regular conditioner, the difference was like night and day.

Well, I used the Pantene Pro-V, and I never used another brand of 2 in 1 after that disaster. There may be other brands out there that are good, but if you try it, DON'T GET THE PANTENE PRO-V!!!

OT, but your hair is gorgeouss!! :notworthy

ETA: I used mine by just washing with it. I didn't use any conditioner afterwards.

I think CON (especially green) is a 2 in 1 shampoo/condish. The label states that you don't have to follow up with a condish. My hair feels pretty good after I poo with the CON green and it's easy to detangle but still, I always follow up with a DC.

That's my staple poo and I like it. But I make sure to clarify every four weeks otherwise there will be build up.

And no, no way would I ever use any shampoo as a leave-in. I don't care how conditioning it claims to be lol.

Last edited:
If you're going to use one of those 2 in ones I wouldn't recommend a Pantene/VO5 type product. WEN or Hair One would be better choices in my opinion, although I haven't tried them they won't be as stripping as the aforementioned commercial products.

If you're going to use one of those 2 in ones I wouldn't recommend a Pantene/VO5 type product. WEN or Hair One would be better choices in my opinion, although I haven't tried them they won't be as stripping as the aforementioned commercial products.

Oh I don't use Pantene at all, it was part of my dryness breakage problem before. It has alcohols, wax, and cones. My hair loves cones, but not wax or alcohols. I just read the backs of a couple of them today and the Pantene products still have those ingredients in it.

I think theyre good as a shampoo only. I typically mix in conditioner in between shampooing anyway to prevent tangling. I still use conditioner after on the rare occasions I have used shampoo/con 2 in 1....

Last edited:
I've never used one and don't plan on it.
As some of the ladies have mentioned who have or do use them, they still followed up with a conditioner, which means it was basically only used as a shampoo.
I'd rather get a nice moisturizing shampoo and a separate conditioner. It seems they would do their job better if they only had one function (except for WEN & HairOne of course, lol).

I've never used one and don't plan on it.
As some of the ladies have mentioned who have or do use them, they still followed up with a conditioner, which means it was basically only used as a shampoo.
I'd rather get a nice moisturizing shampoo and a separate conditioner. It seems they would do their job better if they only had one function (except for WEN & HairOne of course, lol).
I guess I won't be trying these then.
how does wen or hair one do as a leave-in conditioner or styler? I'm looking for the all in one product or at least using less products to achieve my curly and straight looks.

I've tried Pantene beautiful lengths 2in1 and LOVE it.:yep: I use it (occasionally) on both my hair and my DD's hair and it really conditions.

I've tried Pantene beautiful lengths 2in1 and LOVE it.:yep: I use it (occasionally) on both my hair and my DD's hair and it really conditions.

what do you follow that up with or is the 2 in 1 enough? are you natural or relaxed? TIA

i'd rather use a 2 in 1 shampoo / conditioner than a regular shampoo, but i wouldn't just use a 2 in 1 by itself. i'd always follow up with a DC, or pre-poo with a deep conditioner before using.

i'd rather use a 2 in 1 shampoo / conditioner than a regular shampoo, but i wouldn't just use a 2 in 1 by itself. i'd always follow up with a DC, or pre-poo with a deep conditioner before using.

Yeah that's alot of work, might as well stick with co-washing.

Back